No announcement yet.

Where to Shop for Cars Online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I refinanced the X4 and the Mustang shortly after I bought the Mustang last yer, both through different CU's, with a sub 2% interest rate. You don't currently have to be a member, they'll get you set up if they want the loan. I found them via Lendingtree or Lendingclub, I forget which, and I think they'll set you up with a new loan for a used car as well. Had to deal with a few "moving site" type solicitation emails, but it wasn't bad, and I got the rate that I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post

Maybe this sounds crazy, but I kind of wish there was a place to put my info and exactly what I want and have different dealers contact me and compete for my business. I know that exists for all kinds of other shit, but what about for vehicles?
      You're right that does sound crazy. They will spam you right into the grave. And then, they'll sell the data (even if they say they won't) and the actual spammers will keep spamming you once you're in the grave.
      WH

Comment

Thank you.

I’m looking at used. Thinking the manufacturer inventory may not apply, or does it? If so, how do I access that?

Carvana is cheapest within 500 miles, and can bring it to Denver (200-ish miles from me), but they are lowballing my trade and won’t negotiate. In the end, they’d end up being about the same. I guess that’s the rub in this biz.

I’ll check out car broker.

Sucks about the interest rates, but I guess it is what it is. So I guess 4-ish is pretty good?
        what are you looking for?

Comment

Maybe this sounds crazy, but I kind of wish there was a place to put my info and exactly what I want and have different dealers contact me and compete for my business. I know that exists for all kinds of other shit, but what about for vehicles?
          That's something a good sales person at a large dealership could probably do for you. You may not get the absolute lowest imaginable price but you also won't be spending several hours a day looking through various websites.

Comment

I'd say the rate your credit union is giving you is damn good. Manufacturers run 0% promos on new cars now and then, but the manufacturer is buying down that rate. Used cars, forget it.

Get what you want NOW. Interest rates are only going up, and it could reach the crazy levels seen in the 80s.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Looking for my last car I used-

Find the perfect Cars at a great price with Capital One Auto Navigator. Browse Cars listings, prices & photos

Unbiased car reviews and over a million opinions and photos from real people. Use CarGurus to find the best used car deals.

TrueCar lets you control your car-buying journey. Shop new & used cars, sell your car, and find all the vehicle information you need with our research tools.

Comment

Well, we’re driving to Denver Saturday to pick up a new (to us) 2015 4WD Expedition EL Platinum. Dealership is going 4.39% for 60 months. My credit union is in Texas, so they can’t do the deal on the initial purchase (something about taxes), but I can refinance with them right away for 3.75%. I’ll have to make sure there aren’t any fees to do that, or I may still shop around for an even better rate.

I haven’t had a newer vehicle like this since I bought my Mustang back in 1997, so I’m pretty excited.

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Well, we’re driving to Denver Saturday to pick up a new (to us) 2015 4WD Expedition EL Platinum. Dealership is going 4.39% for 60 months. My credit union is in Texas, so they can’t do the deal on the initial purchase (something about taxes), but I can refinance with them right away for 3.75%. I’ll have to make sure there aren’t any fees to do that, or I may still shop around for an even better rate.

I haven’t had a newer vehicle like this since I bought my Mustang back in 1997, so I’m pretty excited.

Thanks for the tips!
                  um you pay taxes where you legally reside. So if I buy a car from a Cali dealer and live in Texas I register and pay taxes in Texas. The same applies for businesses making a purchase and what ever state they are doing buisness from.

It sounds like the dealer is trying to pull a fast one, My banks will cut me a check to give to the dealer and that acts like a cash purchase from the dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                    um you pay taxes where you legally reside. So if I buy a car from a Cali dealer and live in Texas I register and pay taxes in Texas. The same applies for businesses making a purchase and what ever state they are doing buisness from.

It sounds like the dealer is trying to pull a fast one, My banks will cut me a check to give to the dealer and that acts like a cash purchase from the dealer.
                    I understand about paying the taxes. I also understand how a bank or credit union can draft a check and it’s like a cash purchase to the dealer, as I bought my last two vehicles that way.

It’s not the dealer who won’t do it. My credit union in Texas will not cut the check for the initial purchase in another state, and they said it has something to do with the taxes. They will, however, let me refinance after I buy it.

Comment

I usually check autotrader and craigslist for used cars.

Comment

I understand about paying the taxes. I also understand how a bank or credit union can draft a check and it’s like a cash purchase to the dealer, as I bought my last two vehicles that way.

It’s not the dealer who won’t do it. My credit union in Texas will not cut the check for the initial purchase in another state, and they said it has something to do with the taxes. They will, however, let me refinance after I buy it.
                        Talk to someone else at the CU. The person you got doesn’t know what they are doing.

Comment

Came across this site as a sponsor on a YouTube video I was watching and thought it would be a resource others might want to check out.

Did a couple of quick searches on it and it wasn't bad.

Find your next car on AutoTempest! All the used car sites in one search, including craigslist*, Cars.com, AutoTrader*, Kijiji*, eBay and more. (* No affiliation)

Comment

Working...
                          X