No announcement yet.

Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, those beef ribs aren't cheap. I haven't had one, but my buddy that lives down there likes them.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Shiiiiiiitttttt, for $18.99 at Hutchins you could have had 20 brisket sandwiches.

Comment

• Seems the futher you go south the more BBQ cost. When I went to Blacks in Lockhart, the wife and I spent about $50.00 for 2 people. I was worth it, but I thought it was a little high compared to decent BBQ places up here. Same with Salt Lick in Austin, pretty pricey.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Shiiiiiiitttttt, for $18.99 at Hutchins you could have had 20 brisket sandwiches.
          Truth!

It's starting to be a once a week hit for me...
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Yeah, those beef ribs aren't cheap. I haven't had one, but my buddy that lives down there likes them.
            Ya they weren't cheap but they were HUGE! I shared it with a few people that were with me. Any idea where to get beef ribs that big locally Brent?

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            Shiiiiiiitttttt, for $18.99 at Hutchins you could have had 20 brisket sandwiches.
            Sorry but your going to have to qualify that by telling me what other BBQ places you think are good. Hutchins is certainly a good value but it wouldn't make my top five of BBQ I've ate at. And I'll go ahead and say that it's hard to combine great BBQ with an all you can eat. Good but not great.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Seems the futher you go south the more BBQ cost. When I went to Blacks in Lockhart, the wife and I spent about $50.00 for 2 people. I was worth it, but I thought it was a little high compared to decent BBQ places up here. Same with Salt Lick in Austin, pretty pricey.
            OK money aside, how would you compare Blacks to Hutchins?

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Truth!

It's starting to be a once a week hit for me...
            Honestly if I had one local to me, I would probably hit it up once a week as well. But I don't and I've gotta say it would be hard for me to drive an hour and a half to go to Hutchins.

Comment

• Other good BBQ: Dickeys, rudys, spring creek.

Seriously though, I have eaten at a ton of bbq places and Hutchins is up there for me. Maybe it is my pallet but I really like their brisket. Im not a fan of their sausage but everything else has been good. I normally get ribs and brisket wherever I go and Ty a couple of sides. For me the price/location/quality makes it a great place, but it is only 20min away for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                Other good BBQ: Dickeys, rudys, spring creek.

Seriously though, I have eaten at a ton of bbq places and Hutchins is up there for me. Maybe it is my pallet but I really like their brisket. Im not a fan of their sausage but everything else has been good. I normally get ribs and brisket wherever I go and Ty a couple of sides. For me the price/location/quality makes it a great place, but it is only 20min away for me.
                Well, there are a "ton" of bad BBQ places out there Anyway, like I said I was just trying to qualify your opinion of what you consider great BBQ. Hutchins is good IMO but not great. But as I mentioned earlier, if I had one close to me I would probably go more often. But I wouldn't go out of my way unless I was meeting someone there.

There's a difference between a good and a great BBQ joint. I think it's already been established what's bad. To me, the difference between good and great is how far I'm willing to drive for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  Ya they weren't cheap but they were HUGE! I shared it with a few people that were with me. Any idea where to get beef ribs that big locally Brent?
                  Bone Daddy's is working on rolling one out, but I don't know where they're at with it. Also, last I heard, it was going to be pretty steep. $35 or so, for a 1+ lb beef rib.

Pecan Lodge maybe? I'm not a beef rib fan, honestly. Never have been. I'll take pork ribs all day over beef ribs.

Comment

• Papas Bro's has a beef rib.

Comment

• Sorry Brent, I meant buying at a store to smoke myself. Guess I'm digging beef ribs because I've always had pork ribs but didn't have a beef rib until last year.

Comment

Sorry Brent, I meant buying at a store to smoke myself. Guess I'm digging beef ribs because I've always had pork ribs but didn't have a beef rib until last year.
                        Man I don't even know. David's Meat Market perhaps? They're a hike from you, but they've got quality beef.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          Seems the futher you go south the more BBQ cost. When I went to Blacks in Lockhart, the wife and I spent about $50.00 for 2 people. I was worth it, but I thought it was a little high compared to decent BBQ places up here. Same with Salt Lick in Austin, pretty pricey.
                          It may seem that way but their menu prices are considerably cheaper. Blacks gets $15.98 a pound for brisket while Kreuz is at $16.50. Pecan Lodge and Franklins are at $20. You are more likely to sample everything though when you've driven half an hour away from civilization.

Comment

OK money aside, how would you compare Blacks to Hutchins?
                            Blacks is better, their Brisket, ribs, sausage pretty damn impressive. Their sides were good as well.

Now as far in this area, Hutchins has some great smoked tender (moist) brisket you can cut with a fork. Their sides are also top notch, beans (jap & brisket) the mac & cheese is made with real cheese and the cornbread is like a dessert. The jap & cheddar sausage, turkey and chicken is great. Their ribs have good taste (sweet) but not fall off the bone good. Also for a BBQ place their fried catfish is awsome, we went there on good Friday and thats what my wife had and I had some its good too. So aside from their ribs, everything there is top notch to my taste buds.

I have yet to go to Pecan Lodge and few other places in Austin but for our area its worth the wait in line.

Comment

• I'll be in Austin early next week and am going to hit Kreutz Market - that was one of my tops back when I lived there. Haven't had Black's or Smitty's in years, so we'll see how it works out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                                I'll be in Austin early next week and am going to hit Kreutz Market - that was one of my tops back when I lived there. Haven't had Black's or Smitty's in years, so we'll see how it works out...
                                If you are near Franklin's during the week just before 1:00 you might stop by, if there isn't a line they'll be almost giving away anything they have left.

Comment

Working...
                                X