.22 Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .22 Long

So with all the craziness goin on with .22 shortage I am noticing alot of sellers are coming up with .22 Long . This is not the same thing as .22 Long Rifle so please make sure of what you are actually purchasing . Im not exactly sure of the specific difference but it is a little shorter than a .22 LR . Dont think it is quite as short as a .22 short though . Maybe one of you can chime in the exact differences and maybe experiences with certain guns that will shoot .22 long .

It's the in between cartridge.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Same case length

22 long has a smaller weight bullet (usually 29 grn)
      22 long rifle has a heavier bullet (usually 36-40 grn)

Due to the heavier bullet, 22 long rifle is over all longer

Comment

Since .22's operate on blowback, some .22 long pistols and rifles need heavier springs to fire .22LR.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So .22 Long should be fine in a bolt or lever gun . May not cycle most semi auto pistols or rifles ?

Comment

throwing myself to the proverbial gun know it all wolves... im 37 and pops gave me a model 60 when i was like 10-12, and i had never heard of a 22 long before a couple of weeks ago.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              throwing myself to the proverbial gun know it all wolves... im 37 and pops gave me a model 60 when i was like 10-12, and i had never heard of a 22 long before a couple of weeks ago.

god bless.
              Let me break it down for you in a way you will understand!

If we were to compare dicks, yours is the .22long (a little bit shorter) and mine is the .22LR ( a little bigger, and more sought after).

I hope that clears it up for you Paul

God bless.

Comment

Originally posted by jryotas View Post
                So .22 Long should be fine in a bolt or lever gun . May not cycle most semi auto pistols or rifles ?
                It would work in both. It's just when you have a .22 long gun is when you can sometimes run into issues. A .22 long gun will usually cycle .22LR but it can tear it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  Let me break it down for you in a way you will understand!

If we were to compare dicks, yours is the .22long (a little bit shorter) and mine is the .22LR ( a little bigger, and more sought after).

I hope that clears it up for you Paul

God bless.
                  i just compared. im more the .22 short.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

lmao!
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Glad my Springfield will run everything from shorts to lr.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

god bless.
                        Hung Like a bull gerbil!

Comment

.22 cal. BB. Not much more than a percussion cap and a 22 BB on top. I think it was one of the first available rounds way back in the mid 1800's.

Comment

huh, all this time its been like shoving a 50 BMG in a 10/22....now i know what the problem is... thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X