Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk about street tacos

Local, not LA or wherever.

My favorite is the Texaco at Broadway and Centerville in garland. 24hrs. Parking is a little chaotic. 30.06/7 signs. Lol. I'm usually the only white boy there. feels like I'm about to be on an episode of the 1st 48. But damn good tacos. Barbacoa is a little greasy for my taste, but the fajita and trompo is spot on. Rice and beans are hit an miss but I rarely get that anymore.

Mijas on 66 just east of rowlett road. Clean place, speak perfect English. Trompo is good, fajita is a little bland but not bad by any stretch. Red sauce has some kick but has good flavor. Stuffed churros are awesome.

Chevron? at miller and Saturn. Overall good, self serve extras-onions, cilantro, lime. Only been there once or twice when I've been in a pinch.

What's your favorite place?
    Justin

Ft. Worth, cherry ln. At the valero gas station. breakfast BIG burritos for $3. I always go for the tortas, hut have yet to find a gooood one.

also, they have taco 3 for $3. Plus they make their own flour tortilas.
    Last edited by lincolnboy; 07-01-2016, 03:58 AM.

Comment

I like them crunchy!

Comment

Tacqueria El Paisano
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

24/7 Taco at the Shell gas station, Saturn and Miller in Garland, across from the Day Labor center.

Comment

El taco h in grapevine.

Comment

El tacco is badass and my favorite also. There is a good one in Duncanville off 20 and Hampton in the gas station by Service King. I ate there everyday for six months and it didn't kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                El tacco is badass and my favorite also. There is a good one in Duncanville off 20 and Hampton in the gas station by Service King. I ate there everyday for six months and it didn't kill me.
                there used to be a Taco Mas Rico in the old taco bell on the north side of town, it was great, especially at 3am.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

North side Fort Worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                    North side Fort Worth?
                    duncanville
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

All mine are on the west side. We're getting a Fuel City at 121 and Carson in the next couple of months and I want to try them.

El Taco H is hands down my favorite in the metroplex. Glad to see some other taco connoisseurs in here. The carnitas are simply the best I've ever had. And the ceviche tostada is just as good.

There is a place on Belknap just east of Beach called Rio Bravo. They have a six-taco plate of beef and chicken tacos that is fucking awesome. And it's five bucks every day. The guisado is damned good too but you didn't ask about that. Stick with beer at this place because their mixed drinks SUCK.

The woman loves Salsa Limon off University, but I don't care much for it. The food is always greasy, yet flavorless, and their tacos are stuffed with cabbage. I dunno.. just not my thing I guess. The fact it's expensive and the staff has a shit attitude doesn't help.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

They are all good when it's only 5 bucks 24/7 for 3 tacos and a large drink.

Comment

I like Melis Taqueria on Vickery, it's across from the rail yard. Always get Tacos Al Pastor and they are the best I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            All mine are on the west side. We're getting a Fuel City at 121 and Carson in the next couple of months and I want to try them.

El Taco H is hands down my favorite in the metroplex. Glad to see some other taco connoisseurs in here. The carnitas are simply the best I've ever had. And the ceviche tostada is just as good.

I know you and Jared just love that place, but I've been a handful of times and don't see the appeal. In my experience they've been bland and the salsa is meh. Maybe I keep catching them on off days. Need to give them another shot some time, I suppose.

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            I like Melis Taqueria on Vickery, it's across from the rail yard. Always get Tacos Al Pastor and they are the best I've had.

I'll check it out. I'm a sucker for some al pastor.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              I know you and Jared just love that place, but I've been a handful of times and don't see the appeal. In my experience they've been bland and the salsa is meh. Maybe I keep catching them on off days. Need to give them another shot some time, I suppose.

I'll check it out. I'm a sucker for some al pastor.
                              El Taco H or the fuel city? El Taco H is usually spot on, although I don't fuck with salsa or hot sauce.

Comment

Working...
                              X