What is up with my bore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure they will replace it.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Hopefully they will let him know what exactly was wrong with it upon receiving it.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Del-Ton received my barrel today, but apparently they wanted me to send my entire upper. So, I dropped the rest of the upper in a box and will mail it off tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get some sort of answer at the end of the week. I'm guessing this barrel didn't slip through QC, it was probably OK'd.
        IMG_0424

Comment

Wtf do they need the upper for? Did you buy it as an upper from them?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Wtf do they need the upper for? Did you buy it as an upper from them?
            Yes, I did buy it as a kit. Everything, minus the receiver. Short of a loose barrel nut, or a screwed up scope, what else in the upper might possibly cause very poor accuracy?

I hope they're not too upset that i've removed the A2 front sight, and added a FF handguard and duracoat.
            IMG_0424

Comment

They might exchange everything, your upper for a new one. Also to look at your upper to rule out abuse on your end.

IE: run over with a bulldozer or some shit like that. They do not want a defective barrel out there, too much liability.

Just my 2c why they want your whole upper.

Comment

As mentioned because they are probably going to replace it.

Comment

Last Thursday I emailed them looking for an update on my issue...

"We are seeing that the RMA is taking a bit longer than usual due to the extenuating circumstances with the barrel having the marks that it is. The owner wants to take it to his range and see what exactly is going on, test it out and make sure we get it back to you right. He is not here today so I cannot get an update. I have gone to my supervisor and reiterated my concern for the RMA and she is looking into this as well."

Then today...

"I wanted to let you know the barrel has been replaced and we will be shipping your upper back out to you once I receive your confirmation back on your shipping address. While we have changed the barrel, we do feel that the machining marks in the barrel were the culprit. This barrel has been through Quality Control and is good to go."

The lady whom I was dealing with over email was always really professional, and super fast to reply. Cant wait to get my stuff back and shoot it.
                  IMG_0424

Comment

told ya! Glad to hear they took care of you.

Comment

nice! Sounds like good customer service

Comment

Nice to hear they have good customer service.

Comment

That's good to hear. I've never been anything but happy with their customer service.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Few months back a buddie had a issue with them. He ordered a barrel from them that was backordered like everything else at the time. They sent him a completely different barrel and when he called to ask why they said its what they had so its what they sent.

Took them a while to get him what he ordered, but he is the only actual bad dealing ive ever heard of from del-ton cs.

Comment

At least they stood behind their product. Sadly that seems to be a fading trend in todays business practices.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X