Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You long rang guys, CJ etc.... What is your opinion of this gun?

Thx,
    Randy

The biggest problem you will have is if you ever want to upgrade anything parts won't be cheap or easily accessed.

What is the guy valuing it at?
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I would pass based on the level of crazy in the add.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Judging from the ad he probably over values the rifle substantially. HOWEVER, that is some premium grade A+ glass on it.

I would start at 2k or so.
        Last edited by CJ; 04-29-2013, 12:36 PM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thanks, he wants 2300 in trade. Kimber solo and a USP Tactical.

might pass.

Comment

I would pass at that price.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
              Thanks, he wants 2300 in trade. Kimber solo and a USP Tactical.

might pass.
              That is not a bad price, honestly. Those are expensive rifles, and that is a $800 scope.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                That is not a bad price, honestly. Those are expensive rifles, and that is a $800 scope.
                I thought the zf500's were around the $450-500 range.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Agreed. I honestly do not like the Solo. It slips in my hand bad. My XDS is sooo much better(feel and slipping in my hand that is). I have about 2,100 tied up in both pistols. For me it is an entry into some long range shooting.

Looks like it is a flip of the coin in terms of money value.

Comment

Something to consider is the twist rate is 1:12" which usually isn't a problem but if true long-range is your goal it isn't the best option as they don't always stabilize the 175-178gr stuff, which is one of the best bullets for the 308.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                      Something to consider is the twist rate is 1:12" which usually isn't a problem but if true long-range is your goal it isn't the best option as they don't always stabilize the 175-178gr stuff, which is one of the best bullets for the 308.
                      Thanks Dee.

Comment

Working...
                      X