No announcement yet.

heavy bag/boxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy mezgers gym is a great place to learn as well if anyone is looking. Huge amount of variety and the teaching is solid.

Maple Avenue boxing is ok, but if you want actual fight training you're going to have to pay for lessons. They have plenty of cardio options

At any real fight gym...you won't get much 1 on 1 attention without paying for personal lessons if you're new. This is because the trainers are always trying to get their dedicated and experienced fighters up there but also need to make money. The biggest whine I see is when new guys feel like they should get more attention

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      Guy mezgers gym is a great place to learn as well if anyone is looking. Huge amount of variety and the teaching is solid.

Maple Avenue boxing is ok, but if you want actual fight training you're going to have to pay for lessons. They have plenty of cardio options

At any real fight gym...you won't get much 1 on 1 attention without paying for personal lessons if you're new. This is because the trainers are always trying to get their dedicated and experienced fighters up there but also need to make money. The biggest whine I see is when new guys feel like they should get more attention
      yes this is spot on sir!!! and Guy Mezger just had 2 fighters win at the XKO event a couple of weekends ago! hey did you ever train at Guys? and yes skip Maple depending on the area try Viveros, Texas Select, Garland or Irving PAL or also GP Pal or GTO if its still around for just straight Boxing and some of those are some real Hood gyms so if your looking for a solid challenge then try those places
      RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
        yes this is spot on sir!!! and Guy Mezger just had 2 fighters win at the XKO event a couple of weekends ago! hey did you ever train at Guys? and yes skip Maple depending on the area try Viveros, Texas Select, Garland or Irving PAL or also GP Pal or GTO if its still around for just straight Boxing and some of those are some real Hood gyms so if your looking for a solid challenge then try those places
        Yes viveros and Irving pal are amazing places to train. Current world champion Errol Spence started his amateur career there, he now trains at R and R, and Irving pal has produced many national champions. If you're ever on the Fort Worth side come check us out at Faith Hope and Glove's located in white settlement. settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by vert_95 View Post
          Yes viveros and Irving pal are amazing places to train. Current world champion Errol Spence started his amateur career there, he now trains at R and R, and Irving pal has produced many national champions. If you're ever on the Fort Worth side come check us out at Faith Hope and Glove's located in white settlement. settlement.
          that's possible sir I have a few new Boxers im working with Now Im more o a Nomad type trainer now but do a lot of training at Guy Mezgers Gym with his fighters Evers Andersen who fights or Legacy and Brandon Bennet who fights for XKO and XFC my only current MMA/Kickboxer is Reginald Robinson all 3 fighters are on youtube

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Working...
          X