DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:57 AM   #221
SS Junk
Lifer

SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #222
95DRGT
Lifer

I started a pre Keto last Monday in order to prep my body some for full Keto starting tomorrow. I'm doing this to primarily help my gut heath as I have been having more and more flare ups with my IBS (Ulcertive Colitis). Also the meds I'm taking are close to $400 monthly so I want to get off them if possible.

My weight has been 184 since HS and and maintained (+/-5) for 30 plus years but my gut health due to poor diet and love of Craft beers has been steadily increasing.

My diet pre Keto prep was probably 50% carb, 20% sugar and rest protein and dairy.
This past week I have eliminated virtually all carb's and sugars
breakfast- fried egg and sausage patty with water
lunch- skirt steak or chicken with an avocado with water
dinner- fish, chicken, or meat with cauliflower or broccoli with water
I consume all this between 6am and 6pm and didn't eat anything in between.

I also went from a 2 pint a day Beer habit to only 1 on Mon-Wed-Fri schedule this past week

I had to have a 8oz of DP one day due to huge headaches and probably a caffeine or sugar withdraw. Other than that I did not have the cravings for bread and sweets after about 3 days.

This week alone I put on 4lbs but my gut health, overall feeling of energy, and mental focus has increased significantly.
I'm 'active' but do not work out regularly.

This next week should prove more challenging as we go full Keto to see if any changes happen.

Ultimately I think my goal will be more like a partial Keto (significantly reduced carbs and sugars) but I'm not going to give up the beers I enjoy for more than a week.
95DRGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:15 PM   #223
DON SVO
The Bad
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95DRGT View Post
I started a pre Keto last Monday in order to prep my body some for full Keto starting tomorrow. I'm doing this to primarily help my gut heath as I have been having more and more flare ups with my IBS (Ulcertive Colitis). Also the meds I'm taking are close to $400 monthly so I want to get off them if possible.

My weight has been 184 since HS and and maintained (+/-5) for 30 plus years but my gut health due to poor diet and love of Craft beers has been steadily increasing.

My diet pre Keto prep was probably 50% carb, 20% sugar and rest protein and dairy.
This past week I have eliminated virtually all carb's and sugars
breakfast- fried egg and sausage patty with water
lunch- skirt steak or chicken with an avocado with water
dinner- fish, chicken, or meat with cauliflower or broccoli with water
I consume all this between 6am and 6pm and didn't eat anything in between.

I also went from a 2 pint a day Beer habit to only 1 on Mon-Wed-Fri schedule this past week

I had to have a 8oz of DP one day due to huge headaches and probably a caffeine or sugar withdraw. Other than that I did not have the cravings for bread and sweets after about 3 days.

This week alone I put on 4lbs but my gut health, overall feeling of energy, and mental focus has increased significantly.
I'm 'active' but do not work out regularly.

This next week should prove more challenging as we go full Keto to see if any changes happen.

Ultimately I think my goal will be more like a partial Keto (significantly reduced carbs and sugars) but I'm not going to give up the beers I enjoy for more than a week.
You’re not going full keto if you plan to slam heavy sugar carb craft beer every week.

That said...

Run hard keto for 5 days straight and do it in a 3 hour window... like 1,800 cal in 3 hours and fast 21. I wake up early, so I prefer breakfast. I bet even with your cheat day you’ll lose weight and feel better.

Plus note: you’ll get fucking trashed on craft beer day fast!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrtuckteezy
dont downshift!!
Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.
DON SVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:34 AM   #224
Gasser64
Lifer

Yeah you want to be "fat adapted" which is where you body has set itself to run on alternate fuel. Fat, instead of carbs and sugars. You've got to kick it out of fat storage mode, and carbs are a good way to keep it in fat storage mode. You have about 400 grams of glycogen in your liver. That's the main fuel tank. The minute that tank is emptied, the body switches over to burning fat for energy. But the minute you eat carbs and stuff, it will replenish that 400 grams of liver glycogen as fast as it can, so that it can stop dipping into the reserves. (your fat)

Lifting weights also helps a ton. Having more muscle mass makes getting fat slower. Cause the muscles will take their cut before anything gets to be deposited as fat. Like having to pay the tax man before you can deposit your check.

Tags
kimura ok w/ fatness, nay only eat white dik, ruff cnc own dumbass, ruff is fucking stupid, ruff is retarded