No announcement yet.

AR-15 for home defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to pick a Springfield 1911-a1 up for me? I'll be in Kansas black Friday

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      They just posted the Springfield 1911 A-1 on their FB page, also a pretty sweet deal. Assuming I remember and wake up on time I'll be there when they open.
      That Springfield TRP is also a really good deal although more than the Ruger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        That Springfield TRP is also a really good deal although more than the Ruger.
        Pretty sure the 1911s and the Saint were the first to go. They had a Jerry Miculek edition 929 that wasn't on the list I almost jumped on.

Comment

Pretty sure the 1911s and the Saint were the first to go. They had a Jerry Miculek edition 929 that wasn't on the list I almost jumped on.
          What did the 929 go for? Did you get anything? And was it crowded. I was tempted to go out there for one of the 870's that was for sale but to far, to early, and I had to work today

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            What did the 929 go for? Did you get anything? And was it crowded. I was tempted to go out there for one of the 870's that was for sale but to far, to early, and I had to work today
            It was $850 I think. I grabbed my wife a Christmas present, can't say what though because she knows a few people here. One of the 870s was nice, the other was kind of beat up. Cabelas had new ones for $30 more so I didn't jump on one.

Comment

It was $850 I think. I grabbed my wife a Christmas present, can't say what though because she knows a few people here. One of the 870s was nice, the other was kind of beat up. Cabelas had new ones for $30 more so I didn't jump on one.
              I'm sure the price at Cabela's was for the Express model. The one at Shoot Smart (can't pull it up anymore) was for the Tactical I believe. A little better model and it would have been broken in already.

Comment

Why would anyone want anything bigger then a hand gun for home defense. Other then a shotgun. AR to much to hold on to.

Comment

Here's your training vid. https://www.facebook.com/joel.turner...1213872975594/

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                    Why would anyone want anything bigger then a hand gun for home defense. Other then a shotgun. AR to much to hold on to.
                    Have you ever seen someone shot with a handgun? I have and it never stops them. Most people with a gunshot wound from a handgun simply run off but if they felt like sticking around and fighting with you all you could do was keep shooting them and it may not stop them for a while.

The only gunshot wound that I have ever seen stop someone completely in their tracks was from a 12 gauge with buckshot but despite what CJ thinks they don't do cartwheels or get thrown backwards 30 ft. I must admit that I haven't had the pleasure of seeing someone shot with a 50 caliber or any of the Russian 50 cal equivalents.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I seent a man do a cartwheel with a 12GA.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        I'm pretty sure I could do a cartwheel with a 12 gauge but I won't because I might drop it and scratch it up. Would y'all settle for me doing a TJ Hooker style hood slide while holding a 12 gauge?
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                          AR to much to hold on to.
                          Especially a full-semi automatic one!1

Comment

On the youtubes?

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                              I'm pretty sure I could do a cartwheel with a 12 gauge but I won't because I might drop it and scratch it up. Would y'all settle for me doing a TJ Hooker style hood slide while holding a 12 gauge?
                              I'd very much like to see that.

Comment

I'd very much like to see that.
                                With a '70 mustache

Comment

Working...
                                X