No announcement yet.

GT500 or GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With that said, the '18+ GTs are great cars out of the box. Right now they're overpriced imo. Wait a couple years for them to depreciate and get the current tech for mid to low 20s even with low miles.
    Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
      I'm pretty much set on a '19 GT or GT500. I like the idea of being in a mustang again. The GT500 is kind of a homage my first cobra which I like. Having a new car warranty is pretty sweet though. Either way it is going to be a daily, I don't plan on doing too much to it.

Would be looking for a pristine GT500 with minimal mods and 20k miles is pretty much the limit. Black preferred. I haven't found too many 13-14's for under $40k, they seem like they run more in the $45+ for what I want.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Ford-M...742d%7Ciid%3A1
      Yeah, people typically ask low to mid 40s for low mile clean 13/14 cars. However, they sit on the market forever at that price. I've came across multiples of them for mid 30s with fairly low miles. They're a proven platform with minimal issues, so I wouldn't be too concerned on your warranty. Plus, it's less of a "loss" when you do some mods that would void it anyway.
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

GT500 if you are keeping it for multiple years.

I wouldn't buy any of them but the 13/14.

Big blower and 5.8L. I sold my 07 500 last year for $3k less than I paid in 2010, and I tripled the miles. I wouldn't buy a new gt. You can get a well done 15-17 for less, with a blower

Comment

Or, if not mustang, buy a 996/911 turbo. For a little more you could get a 997. Early years are in line with new gt vert. There are non mustang cars out there at that price point, but I'm still figuring that part out. How about a mint Fox Saleen or 95 Cobra r and a trip around the world?

Comment

I'd get the '19, add a waranteed Roush blower, and call it done.

Well, after a host of other bolt-ons, but yeah.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do a 19 GT with a blower and 10 speed and crack off 9 second passes.

Comment

Stay new, its what's in nowadays.

Comment

doing a 996 is crazy. Those cars are timebombs

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                    doing a 996 is crazy. Those cars are timebombs
                    Those and the boxsters have the IMS bearing issues. I always wanted a boxster, but I was always scared of that.

Comment

15-17 GT premium with a Hellion TT kit. I got my 16 for 26k almost a year ago, and 10k for the TT kit and you'll have a rocket ship for less than a stock 19GT. Hell I'm sure you could find a base GT for 20k if you don't care about heated seats and the big screen.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        15-17 GT premium with a Hellion TT kit. I got my 16 for 26k almost a year ago, and 10k for the TT kit and you'll have a rocket ship for less than a stock 19GT. Hell I'm sure you could find a base GT for 20k if you don't care about heated seats and the big screen.
                        I can say that this combo works nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                          I can say that this combo works nicely.
                          I really want the hellion kit, maybe 2019 will be the year. Question is, which car gets it?

Comment

The rec was for a 996 turbo = no IMS bearing. I have an NA 996 and Boxster S. The IMS issue is way over hyped. Get what you like and enjoy it.

Comment

I bought a 19 PP2 car back in October. The newer cars are better in every way except the straight line performance of the GT500. Buy a new one, add a warranty blower and roll to the house.

Comment

This thread got me curious and looking at auto trader. Do y'all think a 2016 GT350 (non R) with 5500 miles is worth $46K?

Comment

Working...
                                X