Other good rifles to buy right now than an AR15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other good rifles to buy right now than an AR15

Ok, i think I posted another thread and mentioned I have never owned a gun before. Well, I bought my son a youth .22 last year at Walmart to take to a buddies land to shoot. I have shot guns and been hunting a couple times, but just never owned anything.

With all thats going on, id like to grab a few things while I still can. Even if i had an AR15 and a slew of other guns, im not sure I would really use them much at all. So maybe partially investment? maybe just because I dont want to be told I cant soon, maybe a mix of everything.

That being said, I want to get a few things without spending a TON of money. It sounds like everyone is talking about AR15 this and that and I have found a stripped lower Im going to purchase today. Then hopefully I can build it out piece my piece myself and learn a few things down the road. Im not really sure if this ban happens, how that will effect the remaining parts needed for the build though?

but other than an AR15, what are some other options of maybe a complete gun I could get thats a little cheaper than $1200+? Are AK47s cheaper? Are there others that you might recommend?

sorry for my ignorance, i do plan on taking some classes and learning more, but with everything thats going on, im kinda rushed to buy now and learn later.

Ptr 91 could be fun

Comment

Some of the most fun shooting my 9 year old and I have is with the inexpensive .22s I have either inherited or picked up.

AKs are fun and can be just as expensive as ARs but good luck finding one now not at an idiotic price.

Thinking of getting a CZ 452 in .17 myself if I can find one at a decent price.

If I had the cash I would go find a M1A because I have always wanted one but they are always just a little more $ than I can spend lol.
      Jon

Comment

I've done this before, but depending on your needs will depend on which order. In my opinion everyone can use/needs ...

-SA Pistol - compact or full size
        -Revolver
        -Pump Shotgun - Personally, I think a 21+ inch barrel is fine for "home defense" and can be used for hunting/skeet/clay...etc Can load slugs, and other rounds depending on needs. Very versatile weapon.
        -Standard Hunting rifle (.308, 30-06, .270..whatever you prefer)
        -SA 22lr (10/22, M&P 15-22...etc)
        -SA larger caliber rifle (5.56, 7.62...whatever)

Optional
        -SA Pistol - mouse gun
        -SA Shotgun

Once you figure out type of gun, caliber/etc then it'll be easier to provide input. It seems that you're leaning towards a semi-automatic rifle - but I could not be sure.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Browning BAR.

Sent from my no 4g signal having mobile device while waiting to purchase a Sig MK25..

Comment

yea, i think my long term goal is something similar to that. I want a CHL, shotgun, etc etc... but Im talking about RIGHT NOW before this ban stuff happens. I want to try and get a gun or two while i still can. So im not concerned with getting a handgun or shotgun right now, thats why im getting the AR15 lower today.

If im not mistaken, even if/when a ban happens, i will still be able to purchase uppers, barrels, etc for the AR15 if i already own the lower. Can I do the same kind of build with an AK47 and build it out?

Comment

I have a lot of fun shooting my SKS. Blowing through rounds quickly is fun, but I also enjoy something with accuracy too. My 30-30 is fun, and I am keeping it iron sighted, my Rem 700 in .243 is a good hunting gun, but is very accurate at the range too. I really enjoy plinking with the .22, and can shoot clays all day with the shotguns.

I only have one pistol right now, and that is because it is my carry.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

As far as I know, no official details are known on the ban they are going to try and do.

Everyone is freaking the fuck out asking "where can I get a cheap AR lower" or "XYZ place is gouging on components". Well, here is a solution... build something else. AK Variants RTG parts has AK flats for $2- http://robertrtg.com/tantal_blank.html http://robertrtg.com/akms_blank.html With

That maybe a worth while thread to look at for you.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                X