Purchasing a German Luger ...input wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing a German Luger ...input wanted

Found a Luger for sale here locally. Priced really cheap if it is the real thing. I know the wood griped and wood on bottom of magazine are the high dollar ones.

he says it is a 1916 dwm with all matching serials all the small parts are stamped with the last 2 digits of the serial, and proof marks are visible?

my concerns are, i know some of the replicas they also stamped some of the parts with serial #'s. Thoughts or any experts on these? I have purchased one before, but this is a different model. From my previous research i thought there were a few hundred manufactured before they went to the wood setup, could be wrong though. He says it is not the orig mag. but the grips are wood, just dark from use.

Last edited by zachary; 02-07-2011, 01:39 PM.

That gun is in very poor condition. I would recommend a sale at Jackson armory and let them look it over for a small fee.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yea, I want to have someone look it over, and they find a GOOD gunsmith "hint hint" that could take the cleanup project on..

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
        Yea, I want to have someone look it over, and they find a GOOD gunsmith "hint hint" that could take the cleanup project on..
        For value sake I'm not sure if that would be the best decision on this luger. I could get the metal to a better condition, but if the outside is that bad I would expect the bore to be worse. It could lower the value.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          For value sake I'm not sure if that would be the best decision on this luger. I could get the metal to a better condition, but if the outside is that bad I would expect the bore to be worse. It could lower the value.
          after purchase what process would you take on it then?

Comment

I wouldnt pay more than a couple hundred bucks for that thing.

Comment

its way under a couple of hundred, that is why its so intriguing....
              curious what historical value versus refinished value would be?

Comment

its way under a couple of hundred, that is why its so intriguing....
                curious what historical value versus refinished value would be?
                Unless it has documented paperwork, historical value means squat.

People that collect either collect for a documented story, quality, or rarity.

That being said, DWM made thousands of lugers from 1914-1918.

Comment

Thanks for input. I am supposedly getting some sort of paperwork. meeting the gent tonight to see what its all about.

Comment

Thanks for input. I am supposedly getting some sort of paperwork. meeting the gent tonight to see what its all about.
                    Like I said, if it has some paper work value will go up a bit and best left in original condition. The better the story and facts, the more the value. Just dont step in the bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                      Like I said, if it has some paper work value will go up a bit and best left in original condition. The better the story and facts, the more the value. Just dont step in the bullshit.
                      correct. Jackson armory knows their shit on these. It's only worth refinishing if its going to be a cheap shooter.

Comment

Working...
                      X