No announcement yet.

battery op. weedeater/edger/blower??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the echo cordless trimmer, on 1AC, battery is solid, 4ah. It's a little heavy but I love not messing with the gas, and it has plenty of power.
    Home Depot has it for $230

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/ECHO-CST-58V4AH-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless/dp/B012I1V40S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464115727&sr=8-1&keywords=58v+trimmer[/ame]
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

My black and Decker cordless weedeater and blower are badass. Got them in a combo set on clearance at Lowe's for around a hundred bucks. I can trim my entire yard front and back and blow all the trimmings on one charge.

Comment

I have a 40v Ryobi and love it. It has handled everything fine and will last my front yard and back yard including edging the side walk and drive way without needing charge.

So much easier than fucking with gas or chords. I've had it for 2 years now without a hiccup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2014 GT
        2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

If you're going to do it, go 40 volt. We use all 18 volt Ryobi at the shop & at the races. It works great, but even with the bigger batteries, our one brand new leaf blower(you'll see us use it at Rallycross!) burns through the battery in no time. I can only imagine how bad the weed eater would be!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            I got the echo cordless trimmer, on 1AC, battery is solid, 4ah. It's a little heavy but I love not messing with the gas, and it has plenty of power.
            Home Depot has it for $230

http://www.amazon.com/ECHO-CST-58V4A...ds=58v+trimmer
            I bought this one.. Got tired of the gas ones. I use it at my house and my 5 acre property. Plenty of power and the easiest string install ever! Only thing is battery life. I need to get another battery for it.

Comment

I bought one for my dad and it was pretty bad ass. So much so that when I get a house that will be one of the first things I buy for the yard. The battery would last one full mowing session for me at least. ( about 45 minutes ).

This is the one I got, looks like others in the thread have the same xp with it.

Comment

What about mowers? Has anyone tried a battery powered mower? I was just curious how much power they have and how long they last. My mow time is about 45-60 minutes for my whole yard right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  What about mowers? Has anyone tried a battery powered mower? I was just curious how much power they have and how long they last. My mow time is about 45-60 minutes for my whole yard right now.
                  my mow time is about 15 mins, my weed eating time is about 45.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    my mow time is about 15 mins, my weed eating time is about 45.
                    45-60 minutes mow. 30 minutes weed eating.

Comment

I have one, works so-so

My driveway is 65 x 24 ..and it takes two full batteries to blow all the crap off,about twice a week.. includes my back yard deck,
                      My yard I can get most with the mower so the string trimmer makes it on one battery .

You could not use it for heavy thick grass, not enough grunt

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                        I have one, works so-so

My driveway is 65 x 24 ..and it takes two full batteries to blow all the crap off,about twice a week.. includes my back yard deck,
                        My yard I can get most with the mower so the string trimmer makes it on one battery .

You could not use it for heavy thick grass, not enough grunt
                        What kind? My Echo is 58v and a powerhouse.
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          What kind? My Echo is 58v and a powerhouse.
                          Mine is Ryobi , was a 2 for one deal , 40 volt the trimmer is just one string
                          cost $119 for both , work ok, just not great.

Comment

I had a battery operated one for a few years.. Initially it worked fine but then the battery started to crap out and wouldn't even last through a full 'edging'. I replaced it with a corded electric one. It doesn't get much use anyhow, and now it works every time. No worry about the battery life, or messing with a gas one. I have a corded blower too, so I don't mind pulling out the long extension cord to use for both.

Comment

I picked up EGO brand weed eater and blower today from Home Depot. Both are 56v 2.5 amp hour. The blower has decent power, hit the turbo button and you'll blow the cat across the yard. The weed eater has plenty of power for what I need, edging and weed eating, nothing really large. I am on a 1/3 acre corner lot. I haven't gone start to finish yet so I can't comment on battery life just yet. First impression, I am rather impressed. I was using a cheap Troy Built from Lowes that has the ability to change attachments. I got it with a free edger attachment and liked it at first. After several uses, I found the vibration to be a nuisance, often leaving my hands a bit numb. The edger attachment lasted about a month, the set screw came out and would never tighten all the way down. First time to use it this year, the edger attachment disintegrated.

All in all, I feel like I will be happy over the long term with these. They were $199 each, extra batteries are $130, so I essentially got a battery and the blower was a bonus at $70. I will update this as I get some more time on them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Worx 56v trimmer is a good one. I like it. Quiet. No vibration. No gas and oil to worry about (small nuisance). Only downside for me is its one string and not two but it can run wide open for 30+ minutes. Its light as hell and balanced well. I'll get one when my ryobi gasser quits
                                Last edited by akfodysvn; 06-25-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X