Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought no American Oil company profited of the Iraq War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
    There's only a couple of refineries that can use the "dirty" crude...my wife works for one here in Dallas. Their refineries are in Tulsa and New Mexico...not in the gulf.
    The majority of the dirty crude refineries are on the east coast, I didn't know about the 1 here. If the refineries are here why is the pipeline going all the way to the coast? An extra 300 miles of pipeline would be pretty expensive for very little benifit if the refineries are in Dallas and Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
      My point in making the post is that not too long ago Frost and others (including you I believe) Were trying to beat me up (online) saying that American oil companies had not made a dime of profit off the Iraq war. Now it turns out that Exxon is in charge of one of the biggest fields....
      Actually, I have said (and I know it, because I have this discussion a lot) that we didn't go to war for oil. And if I had beat you up, typing would be difficult.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Those who claim that the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003 to get control of the country's giant oil reserves will be left scratching their heads by the results of last weekend's auction of Iraqi oil contracts: Not a single U.S. company secured a deal in the auction of contracts that will shape the Iraqi oil industry for the next couple of decades. Two of the most lucrative of the multi-billion-dollar oil contracts went to two countries which bitterly opposed the U.S. invasion — Russia and China — while even Total Oil of France, which led the charge to deny international approval for the war at the U.N. Security Council in 2003, won a bigger stake than the Americans in the most recent auction. "[The distribution of oil contracts] certainly answers the theory that the war was for the benefit of big U.S. oil interests," says Alex Munton, Middle East oil analyst for the energy consultancy Wood Mackenzie, whose clients include major U.S. companies. "That has not been demonstrated by what has happened this week."

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
          The majority of the dirty crude refineries are on the east coast, I didn't know about the 1 here. If the refineries are here why is the pipeline going all the way to the coast? An extra 300 miles of pipeline would be pretty expensive for very little benifit if the refineries are in Dallas and Tulsa.
          It's CUSHING, and its the crossroads of the pipelines in America. They can be sent anywhere east or west from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Those who claim that the U.S. invaded Iraq in 2003 to get control of the country's giant oil reserves will be left scratching their heads by the results of last weekend's auction of Iraqi oil contracts: Not a single U.S. company secured a deal in the auction of contracts that will shape the Iraqi oil industry for the next couple of decades. Two of the most lucrative of the multi-billion-dollar oil contracts went to two countries which bitterly opposed the U.S. invasion — Russia and China — while even Total Oil of France, which led the charge to deny international approval for the war at the U.N. Security Council in 2003, won a bigger stake than the Americans in the most recent auction. "[The distribution of oil contracts] certainly answers the theory that the war was for the benefit of big U.S. oil interests," says Alex Munton, Middle East oil analyst for the energy consultancy Wood Mackenzie, whose clients include major U.S. companies. "That has not been demonstrated by what has happened this week."

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...948787,00.html
            Won't matter... He hasn't had shit to say since I threw the time frame of the Super Duper Evil Exxon oil contract up for his observation.

It has to suck when you stump grind for your boy Barry and realize he's the guy in charge when your arguments go south.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I know he took off. Facts are stubborn things.

Comment

Iraq, like many countries, can't manage its own resources so they hire outside companies like Exxon to do it for them. I bet before the war Exxon was managing some of their fields for them.

The whole argument is fucking stupid. If you have a 401k plan then you probably profit from Exxon profiting.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                X