BFG 8800GTS or EVGA 9800GT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aCid View Post
    Burn. That. Shit. To. The. Mother. Fucking. Ground.!

Call me! I lost your number
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

can't you SLI them?
      it's the same g92 chip in them.

Comment

Originally posted by fausto412 View Post
        can't you SLI them?
        it's the same g92 chip in them.
        No idea? I have a loose resistor on my 8800gt

Comment

I am STILL running my 8800GTX and it's doing perfectly fine. Longest video card I have ever owned. Damn thing even outlasted the manufacturer.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Want to get rid of one? I'm running a pretty decent machine except for the video card. GO GO ONBOARD!

Comment

I think I'm going back to my 8800GTS permanently tomorrow. Any offers on the 9800gt?

Comment

....and my video card just shit the bed. Water leaked on it from me readjusting my pump, must have loosened one of the cpu block's feed lines.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  ....and my video card just shit the bed. Water leaked on it from me readjusting my pump, must have loosened one of the cpu block's feed lines.
                  Ouch, looks like a fermi is in your future, provided you stay w/ nVidia.

Comment

Did I jinx you? I'll have the 8800gts for sale cheap if you want it. It's in the rig now. I can just pop in the 9800gt.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                      Did I jinx you? I'll have the 8800gts for sale cheap if you want it. It's in the rig now. I can just pop in the 9800gt.
                      I really appreciate the offer man, but unfortunately that just doesn't have the memory I require for work. Looking at a 2GB AMD HD 6950, but 3d studio is optimized for nvidia, so I might stick with a GTX 560Ti
                      Last edited by CJ; 08-16-2011, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I really appreciate the offer man, but unfortunately that just doesn't have the memory I require for work. Looking at a 2GB AMD HD 6950, but 3d studio is optimized for nvidia, so I might stick with a GTX 560Ti
                        Moneybags! Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                          Moneybags! Lol.
                          haha yeah right man, budget card. I'm a broke ass.... I don't have one of those sick government salaries.

Comment

Only negative of water cooling right there...
                            Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
                            Baja-Bob.com

Comment

Sheeeyit. I'm no baller by any means. I'm picking up a used Saphire Radeon HD 4890 (1gb) this weekend as an upgrade.

Comment

It's the same card, only the 9800GT has 112 shaders, the 8800GTS 512 has 128 shaders. The GTS will also overclock higher.

Comment

Working...
                                X