I never thought I'd max out 16gb of ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never thought I'd max out 16gb of ram

But my shit is pegged out right now. Looks like it's time to switch to 8gb modules instead of 4gb. Any good deals out there right now?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

WTH are you doin to max out 16gigs of ram?

Comment

Batin'!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        WTH are you doin to max out 16gigs of ram?
        I'm ray tracing high poly scenes in 3d studio.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
          Batin'!
          Yeah, 16gb maxed out, you should see my penis.

Comment

How much ram will your mobo support?

Comment

I'll pass!

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                How much ram will your mobo support?
                16gb..and the latest I7 boards only seem to support 24GB... hope this doesn't mean a dual processor board.

here's a 32GB board, with all kinds of shit I don't want/need.

Comment

WTH they come up with a new cooling system on that board? Why is that plastic black covering the entire board?

Comment

I run 8gb.
                    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

12gb here as 24gb puts to much stress on the IMC and I have to lower my clocks, and photoshop can eat it up very quickly in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                        12gb here as 24gb puts to much stress on the IMC and I have to lower my clocks, and photoshop can eat it up very quickly in my experience.
                        Yes that's true, memory controllers shit when you fill them up. Some can't even remain stable at factory clocks. I keep my processor at factory speeds.

Comment

What base OS are you running
                          WRX

Comment

I thought I was badass with 6 gigs, it's a laptop at least.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                              What base OS are you running
                              w7, x64 if you were able to make an x86 memory limitation comment.

Comment

Working...
                              X