Is there a such thing as a Christian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    I don't believe in Christians. Every "Christian" I have ever talked to has said that anyone that doesn't follow ::: insert their random explanation for what defines a "True Christian"::: is not a true Christian. Then I watch that person do the exact same thing. Frankly, it confuses the hell out of me. I know we've all got a hypocritical bend inherent in our nature as a species, but most of us at least realize when we're blatantly doing it. It's like a snipe hunt.

I know where you are coming from. It sounds like the the problem here is....The Christians you are talking to don't know the true meaning of Christianity. They have been filled full of "Religion". Religion has perverted the Word of God. Religion and Christianity are two different things. Religion says you have to be good, wear your hair a certain length, dress a certain way, etc. basically placing salvation on your works. Christianity is placing your trust in Jesus' works. It is not about how we act or what we do, it is about how Jesus acted and what he did, Period. Religion makes things confusing and sad to say there is too much of it in the Christian church. One true I have found is the more you seek God the less you will sin on accident. But, many people go to these dead churches that try to place your Salvation on our own works, and the truth is we can never be good enough to earn our Salvation. Eric, the truth is, all you have to do to receive Salvation is to say these simple words, "Jesus, I ask you to come into my heart, forgive me for my sin, I receive you as my Lord and Savior." If you say that and believe it in your heart, you are saved. Your body(hear, taste, see, feel, smell) and soul(mind, will, emotion) will be the same or have little change, but your spirit will take on the same spirit of Christ and be perfected forever and you will be saved. PERIOD. You don't have to do anything else ever again and you will still be saved. Though I don't recommend that, because there is a true relationship you can have with God that is so great I can't put it in words. Going to Heaven is a good benifit don't get me wrong, but knowing God is personally awesome. There is a big difference between knowing of God and knowing him. Many religious churches will say you have to start acting good or doing something to "keep your Salvation" and that is false. The truth is, Jesus paid for everyones sin already. The only reason people go to Hell is for rejecting Jesus to become their Savior. There is no amount of sin that can send you to Hell that Jesus didn't pay for. Even Hitlers sin was paid for. But, was he truely a Christian...highly doubtful. That may sound like a crazy statement, but anyone that disagrees doesn't fully understand the sacrifice Jesus made for us. Jesus paid for our sin from yesterday, today, and forever. He paid for the sins we haven't even committed yet. Also, there is no amount of goodness that can get you into Heaven. I know some people that think they will make it because they are a kind person but refuse to take on a Savior. I think people are going to be amazed when they see nice people going to Hell that rejected Christ and bad people going to Heaven because they repented and became born again while on death row.

Col 2: 6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him.

This means, just as you received your Salvation by Gods grace through your faith, you don't have to try and earn God's love, Salvation, etc by your goodness or works even after you get saved.

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9Not of works, lest any man should boast

Again, by God's gift of grace we are saved through our faith in Jesus as our Savior, and not by our goodness or works, so nobody can say I earned my spot in heaven by being a Holy guy.

I think that Jesus only rebuked the scribes and pharisees because not only because they were trusting in themselves but because they turn more people away from God than bring people to Him. It is no different today. Now days the scribes and pharisees are still aroun they just go by a different title. You might know them as the people that turn you off when it comes to Christianity, I know them as hypocrites.lol

For anyone that wants to hear the true Gospel(good news) I recommend going to Andrew Wommacks website http://www.awmi.net/extra/audio

Hands down the best Minister I have ever heard. Everything he has is free and he talks normal.
    Last edited by StangTamer; 11-14-2011, 01:35 AM.

Comment

I'm feeling a bit wrathful tonight, so without further ado.

Religion has perverted the word of god? Religion WROTE the book you believe to be the word of god, so how can it pervert something it wrote in the first place?

This message was divinely inspired.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post

Religion has perverted the word of god? Religion WROTE the book you believe to be the word of god, so how can it pervert something it wrote in the first place?

I take it you don't believe in God.lol

Sorry, not sure of your background on the subject. Are you a Theory of Evolution guy or a I believe there is a God just not the Christian God guy?

Comment

"Religion" wrote nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by StangTamer View Post
            I take it you don't believe in God.lol

Sorry, not sure of your background on the subject. Are you a Theory of Evolution guy or a I believe there is a God just not the Christian God guy?
            You'd be correct, I'm a pro-evidence kinda guy. You should read a lot the threads in here if you wish to make an argument, I'd imagine most of the apologetics that this site can muster have been covered.
            Originally posted by The King View Post
            "Religion" wrote nothing.
            I'm sorry, a king wrote your holy book.Or had written. Same difference.

Comment

The white text shows you're learning, one baby step at a time.

Comment

You'd be correct, I'm a pro-evidence kinda guy. You should read a lot the threads in here if you wish to make an argument, I'd imagine most of the apologetics that this site can muster have been covered.

I'm not here to argue. You are going to believe what you believe. I just want to give anyone a better understanding of true Christianity. If you or anyone else doesn't believe that is up to you. I just want the non-believers to know the difference between religion and Christianity. I don't believe in religion either. So I don't expect a non-believer too. Reguardless, if it converted anyone or not I want non-believers to know what they are rejecting or accepting. Most non-believers that I have talked to have rejected a religious filled Christianity and haven't heard true Christianity.

That being said. I see where you have doubt that the Bible was inspired by God. The way I have always looked at it is... God has the power to create the world so I just don't see God having a problem getting his book written.

Comment

The white text shows you're learning, one baby step at a time.
                  If you don't g by the KJV, which do you base your belief on?
                  I'm not here to argue. You are going to believe what you believe. I just want to give anyone a better understanding of true Christianity. If you or anyone else doesn't believe that is up to you. I just want the non-believers to know the difference between religion and Christianity. I don't believe in religion either. So I don't expect a non-believer too. Reguardless, if it converted anyone or not I want non-believers to know what they are rejecting or accepting. Most non-believers that I have talked to have rejected a religious filled Christianity and haven't heard true Christianity.

That being said. I see where you have doubt that the Bible was inspired by God. The way I have always looked at it is... God has the power to create the world so I just don't see God having a problem getting his book written.
                  The god of the bible is inept at best and a murderous egomaniac at worst. And "true Christianity" is a horrible attempt at the no true scottsman fallacy, simply because it's already been addressed in this very thread. Religion is ingrained with what the bible says, and vice versa. To say that you believe what the bible says as gospel but ignore the "religions" is laughable at best, they're one in the same, both thought up from the same cloth so to speak.

Comment

If you don't g by the KJV, which do you base your belief on?

The god of the bible is inept at best and a murderous egomaniac at worst. And "true Christianity" is a horrible attempt at the no true scottsman fallacy, simply because it's already been addressed in this very thread. Religion is ingrained with what the bible says, and vice versa. To say that you believe what the bible says as gospel but ignore the "religions" is laughable at best, they're one in the same, both thought up from the same cloth so to speak.
                    I don't think you are understanding what I am calling religion. Religion is what has you believing that God is a murderous egomaniac. Religion to me is adding to or taking away from what the Bible teaches. Religion is rules, Christianity is relationship.

Comment

I don't think you are understanding what I am calling religion. Religion is what has you believing that God is a murderous egomaniac. Religion to me is adding to or taking away from what the Bible teaches. Religion is rules, Christianity is relationship.
                      o.O Your entire belief structure is based on the bible, the bible has stories about how god is a murderous egomaniac. Do you just ignore the parts you don't like and stick with all the "feel good" sections?

The god of the bible is more than just a murderous egomaniac, but I generally don't feel like typing all the blaring psychological flaws.

Comment

o.O Your entire belief structure is based on the bible, the bible has stories about how god is a murderous egomaniac. Do you just ignore the parts you don't like and stick with all the "feel good" sections?

The god of the bible is more than just a murderous egomaniac, but I generally don't feel like typing all the blaring psychological flaws.

No, I don't ignore any of the Bible. But, there is a big difference between the Old and New Testiment. The Devil had dominion over the world since the fall of Adam and there was no redemption or deliverance available until Jesus' sacrifice. When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah you may see that as murder, but it was an act of mercy to the rest of the world. The people of Sodom and Gomorrah were so evil that they became reprobate and could not change nor would not change. Beastiality, homosexuality, murder, ect. was common there. Sin was like cancer spreading and God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah as an act of mercy on the rest of the world. If a person has gangrene on their foot, you treat it by cutting off the foot, or else it will consume the whole body and kill them. At the rate sin was going God had to destroy S & G and bring out the Law (commandments) to slow sin down or else there wouldn't have been a virgin left for Jesus to come through. God did not want to impute sin. For the first 2000 years there was no law, then the law was imputed for 2000 years, and then 2000 more years Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law and sin is no longer imputed unto us. So, out of the 6000 years since Adam only 2000 of those years has sin been imputed unto us.

Many people think the only difference between the Old and New Test. is just one blank page. But, they are opposed one to the other. You can't live under the law of the Old Test. and the grace of the New Test. at the same time. The law was according to our works and grace is according to Jesus' works. We can not earn grace by our works. Grace is a gift. Grace is getting what you don't deserve and mercy is not getting what you do deserve. Many people have a wrong impression of God when they read the Old Test. I myself, use to have issues understanding the wrath of God in the Old Test. I would look at the New Test. where it says, "God is love." and then see how God destroyed S & G and think man that isn't love. But, God opened my eyes to see that it was an act of mercy to the rest of the world. It sucked for the people of S & G, but they choose who they wanted to serve and rejected God openly.

Comment

You're leaving out at least two stories of genocide and murder. That's not even taking into account that the same god that provided the "grace of the new test." is the same god that was full of hate and wrath that went on multiple murderous rampages in the old testament. A being of the caliber written about in the bible is unworthy of my worship. I am better than your god, and I'd even go so far as to say you're better as well. But I see in your last post that you're trying to justify away the murder of an entire population of people, so I could be wrong on you being better than your god.

Comment

You're leaving out at least two stories of genocide and murder. That's not even taking into account that the same god that provided the "grace of the new test." is the same god that was full of hate and wrath that went on multiple murderous rampages in the old testament. A being of the caliber written about in the bible is unworthy of my worship. I am better than your god, and I'd even go so far as to say you're better as well. But I see in your last post that you're trying to justify away the murder of an entire population of people, so I could be wrong on you being better than your god.
                            I am not even close to being better than my God.

If a group of people that you loved turned on you and hated you so much that they went after your family to kill, steal, rape, defile, poison, etc. them and you had the power to stop them, do you love your family enough to protect them? Is there anything you wouldn't do to protect them?

Comment

For the first 2000 years there was no law, then the law was imputed for 2000 years, and then 2000 more years Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law and sin is no longer imputed unto us.

Many people think the only difference between the Old and New Test. is just one blank page. But, they are opposed one to the other.
                              Disagree....

The Law was not a curse, given that it came from God, and the Old and New Testaments are not opposed in any manner. The New Testament is the story of fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy and the Law, as Jesus Himself said in Matthew 5:17 (KJV) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Comment

Disagree....

The Law was not a curse, given that it came from God, and the Old and New Testaments are not opposed in any manner. The New Testament is the story of fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy and the Law, as Jesus Himself said in Matthew 5:17 (KJV) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Gal. 3: 11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Comment

Working...
                                X