DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #81
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer View Post
Elisha cursed the kids in the name of the Lord, God never commanded it. There is very little said about the subject so it is hard to tell what/why. But, back then kids were very respectful to parents and did what they were told without back talk. These kids seem to have been taken over by demons. If I just saw Elijah get taken up to Heaven in a Chariot of Fire I would be in awe, not mocking and making fun of his friend.

As for God commanding Abraham to sacrifice his son....Did God not stop him from killing Isaac? Yes. He was just testing his faith and rewarded him greatly.


Sure God poured out his wrath in the Old Test. Sometimes God had to set an example of his wrath to literally scare the Hell out of people. It is kind of like a parent spanking their kid for running out in the street.(You might think spanking your kid is a bad thing.) But, if you pour out your wrath and whip your kid because he went out in the street, he will think twice before he does it again in fear of getting another spanking. If God didn't pour out His wrath people would have never took him serious. It looks like a mean thing on the outside but it was for the greater good. There was very little room to get off of the straight and narrow back then, evil consumed people to the point of no return. God was trying to save people from damnation.
murder=/= spanking kids. God was trying to save people from damnation, which the rules for being damned were set up by him, so if he was trying to save them from damnation, why not just modify/remove the rules?
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #82
StangTamer
Lifer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 7,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
murder=/= spanking kids. God was trying to save people from damnation, which the rules for being damned were set up by him, so if he was trying to save them from damnation, why not just modify/remove the rules?
You misunderstand again. The people in the OT that were killed are not the ones I am comparing to spanking kids. I am comparing the people that lived to the kids that got spanked. The people that lived thought twice about disobeying God in fear of their lives after seeing what happend to the people who were killed for disobeying God. Just as a kid will think twice about running in the street again, in fear they will get another spanking. God was trying to save people from falling into the temptations of the Devil because there was no deliverance for them.

God is not the one that sends people to Hell. Heaven and Hell is a choice for everyone. You are serving someone whether you like it or not, whether you want to or don't want to. When your body dies you will go to Heaven or Hell whether you believe it exists or not. There is no way around it. Jesus made a sacrifice for the whole world that made it so simple for us to get into Heaven that you would need help from someone to misunderstand it. All you have to do to go to Heaven is accept Jesus as your Savior. All you have to do to go to Hell is nothing. It doesn't matter how bad you are or how good you are. If you don't accept the gift that Jesus is offering then you made your choice to receive an all expense paid trip to Hell. I mean really...How much easier can God make it for you to go to Heaven?

If someone had every brand, make, model and year of car/truck and sent out advertising in the mail, on tv, with multiple dealerships in every town and people even came to your door to tell you that they are giving out free cars of your choice and will even deliver it for you. All you have to do is accept it as a paid in full gift. I don't see how anyone could say no.

Jesus is offering a gift that is infinately greater than a free car. Get past your pride and accept it already.
StangTamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #83
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer View Post
You misunderstand again. The people in the OT that were killed are not the ones I am comparing to spanking kids. I am comparing the people that lived to the kids that got spanked. The people that lived thought twice about disobeying God in fear of their lives after seeing what happend to the people who were killed for disobeying God. Just as a kid will think twice about running in the street again, in fear they will get another spanking. God was trying to save people from falling into the temptations of the Devil because there was no deliverance for them.
I'm sorry, not listening or worshiping someone is not justification for killing them or sentencing them to eternal damnation.
Quote:
God is not the one that sends people to Hell. Heaven and Hell is a choice for everyone. You are serving someone whether you like it or not, whether you want to or don't want to. When your body dies you will go to Heaven or Hell whether you believe it exists or not. There is no way around it. Jesus made a sacrifice for the whole world that made it so simple for us to get into Heaven that you would need help from someone to misunderstand it. All you have to do to go to Heaven is accept Jesus as your Savior. All you have to do to go to Hell is nothing. It doesn't matter how bad you are or how good you are. If you don't accept the gift that Jesus is offering then you made your choice to receive an all expense paid trip to Hell. I mean really...How much easier can God make it for you to go to Heaven?
God is the one that sends people to hell. He made the rules for going to hell, he can ammend them or disregard them all together. Ultimately he has the choice on whether or not people go to hell, as both man and hell are supposedly a construct of his.
Quote:
If someone had every brand, make, model and year of car/truck and sent out advertising in the mail, on tv, with multiple dealerships in every town and people even came to your door to tell you that they are giving out free cars of your choice and will even deliver it for you. All you have to do is accept it as a paid in full gift. I don't see how anyone could say no.
This reeks of Pascal's Wager.
Quote:
Jesus is offering a gift that is infinately greater than a free car. Get past your pride and accept it already.
If by gift you mean "Accept me or burn in hell forever" then I guess you can call it a gift. It's no gift I'd ever want. Stockholm Syndrome much?
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #84
StangTamer
Lifer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 7,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
I'm sorry, not listening or worshiping someone is not justification for killing them or sentencing them to eternal damnation.

God is the one that sends people to hell. He made the rules for going to hell, he can ammend them or disregard them all together. Ultimately he has the choice on whether or not people go to hell, as both man and hell are supposedly a construct of his.
Everyone has a choice on who they will serve and they choose to serve the devil. God gave us choice and He will honor our choice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
This reeks of Pascal's Wager.
I'm not familar with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
If by gift you mean "Accept me or burn in hell forever" then I guess you can call it a gift. It's no gift I'd ever want. Stockholm Syndrome much?
...and God will honor your choice.
StangTamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #85
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer View Post
Everyone has a choice on who they will serve and they choose to serve the devil. God gave us choice and He will honor our choice.




I'm not familar with it.




...and God will honor your choice.
So if you aren't pro god that automatically makes you pro devil? Where's the "Fuck both of those guys" option?

Read up on Pascal's Wager, and you do know what stockholm syndrome is, don't you?
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #86
StangTamer
Lifer
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 7,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
So if you aren't pro god that automatically makes you pro devil? Where's the "Fuck both of those guys" option?
Yes, and the "Fuck both of those guys" option is available, but it automatically defaults you to the pro Devil side.lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy View Post
Read up on Pascal's Wager, and you do know what stockholm syndrome is, don't you?
I wiki'd them.
StangTamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #87
racrguy
Banned
 
racrguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: I am the Stig
Posts: 13,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer View Post
Yes, and the "Fuck both of those guys" option is available, but it automatically defaults you to the pro Devil side.lol




I wiki'd them.
/picard.
racrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:29 PM   #88
Got5onIt
Experienced HandiCapper
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Denton, TX home of the Mean Green
Posts: 1,263
Default

Believing that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins is the ultimate get out of jail free card. If you're a "good" Christian and really truly believe this, the ultimate prize is yours.

Funny thing is, asking most christians the question "Do you know you're going to heaven and why?'" will get you a lot of dribble including "I'm a good person, I'm a nice person" etc. and not the correct answer.
__________________
Hellcat Charger
Got5onIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #89
jdgregory84
Uncommonly Smooth
 
jdgregory84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buda
Posts: 27,729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer View Post
Everyone has a choice on who they will serve and they choose to serve the devil. God gave us choice and He will honor our choice.




I'm not familar with it.




...and God will honor your choice.
I serve Rick. Why? Because he can fire me..
__________________
"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson
jdgregory84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.