Draft bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of people who served would tell you this is a bad idea.
    The vest majority of anyone with half a lick of sense would say the same thing. But Charles Rangel has never been one to let the facts slow him down - he's on a MISSION! He also could give a shit that the military would suffer drastically from a huge infusion of draftees who don't want to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      So they treat them like employees and basically fire them if they don't perform to a certain standard? I thought once you signed up, you were required to stay X amount of time. I never served, so I don't know. Just wondering.
      Kind of. The military is doing a reduction of force and are looking to kick people out. Fitness tests are the main staple that I know of. The Army is using write ups as a means as well. The fitness thing is a killer because you can have a genius, want to be there stand up guy that can't run a mile getting the boot while some shit bag who gives two shits still pulls a pay check.

The process (from my Navy experience) of kicking someone out is long and drawn out. There are guys sitting around for 6 months plus pulling a pay check just picking up trash and cleaning floors. It's fucked up IMO.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Don't you still have to register when you turn 18? I did but that was 10 years ago, basically still registering but not using it until shit hits the fan

Comment

If you fuck off enough, they can chapter you out. There's a hell of lot of 'chapters' they can use from failure to conform to failure to perform and sometimes, if you fuck up enough, you lose all benefits and likelihood to get hired anywhere else ever.

My chapter was 8 months long my brother's is running a year or so
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Maybe not the draft, but how about all females at least having to register for selective service. The ads always say that if you do not register you can't get a student loan or a government job. There sure are a lot of women getting the jobs and loans. How about sexual equality ?

Comment

1. Women in the military are great, but it is not equal for everyone. Women have different physical standards and is the #2 reason why I have never supported them being in anything but a support role. The #1 reason is I think they'd be too big of a distraction on the front lines with combat arms.

2. A lot of people get dishonorable discharges. Even when I was 100% fed up with the military politics, that was reason #1 to maintain professionalism.

Also, when I was in and about to get out - even then they were offering early retirements. 1993-94 or so. Although, they never let anyone loose in my units or associated units since we were doing Task Force 21.

Anyway, there are ways that they can get you out or even violate your contract to an extent.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                So they treat them like employees and basically fire them if they don't perform to a certain standard? I thought once you signed up, you were required to stay X amount of time. I never served, so I don't know. Just wondering.
                It's a little more in depth than that. But from your first sentence, it sounds like they are doing good things for the navy. And that is how the PTS program was supposed to work. But it doesn't. I'm all for processing the guys out who want to do nothing and collect the same pay check as the guy who is busting his ass. The program is based mainly off of your rate (MOS, or job) manning. Lets just say for numbers the rate is supposed to have 1,000 people in it, and they have 1,500. They are going to get rid of AT LEAST 500 of them to bring the rate down to 100% manned. Now is there 500 shitbags in that rate? Probably not. So some of the guys who are performing well, doing their jobs, but suck at taking tests (how the navy advances up to E-7) and cannot make rank are getting processed out. Even though they don't have any blemishes on their records. And some of the shitbags will slip through the cracks because the Navy Eval system is flawed. Nobody want to give someone a bad eval even if they are completely incompetent and cannot do their jobs. It looks bad on the command to have a bunch of shitty evals, so most of the time they get at least a marginal one.I have one pretty good buddy who is getting processed because he can't take a test to save his life. Knows his job well, just gets nervous as hell when he takes a test and sucks at it.

All in all I think that PTS is a bad thing. IMO, If they were going to really do it, make it a board not a computer program.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

I hope they carry tweezers, they're gonna have to pull a shitload of splinters out of my ass from dragging me off the front porch if they start a draft.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonw_2005 View Post
                    I hope they carry tweezers, they're gonna have to pull a shitload of splinters out of my ass from dragging me off the front porch if they start a draft.
                    What makes you think that they give two shits about your ass??
                    04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                      What makes you think that they give two shits about your ass??
                      They don't and that's exactly why I won't go to war for them. I'm not gonna fight for a country that don't give a fuck about me.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonw_2005 View Post
                        They don't and that's exactly why I won't go to war for them. I'm not gonna fight for a country that don't give a fuck about me.
                        Feel free to get the fuck out if this country isn't good enough to fight for. As bad as we have it here, I think that you're tune would change if you visited a few other countries and saw what they had to deal with.
                        04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Feel free to get the fuck out if this country isn't good enough to fight for. As bad as we have it here, I think that you're tune would change if you visited a few other countries and saw what they had to deal with.
                          So every military engagement we're apart of is somehow fighting for the preservation of this country?

Comment

I would fight if there was a legitimate threat to my individual freedom, but fuck conscription that does nothing but send young men to fight in pointless proxy wars.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

This, it gets under my skin when someone believes they shouldn't have to sacrifice for their freedoms.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                                So every military engagement we're apart of is somehow fighting for the preservation of this country?
                                No. But saying that if this country called on you (draft), they would have to pull splinters out of your ass because you'd fight them all the way. Come on, that's what I'm saying when I say if this country isn't good enough to fight for.

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                                I would fight if there was a legitimate threat to my individual freedom, but fuck conscription that does nothing but send young men to fight in pointless proxy wars.
                                I understand what you are saying, we all do. But the whole point of this thread was discussing a draft. If your country called on you, I'd bet that you would be there. Might not like it, but you'd probably do it anyways.
                                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Working...
                                X