Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Umm, A&M Commerce is 2k full load
    That seemed really low, so I googled it.

A&M Commerce disagrees with you.

That's per semester, no books.

Please note: The tuition/fee schedule shown below is for tuition and mandatory student fees only. Overall tuition/fee charges must be adjusted (if necessary) for the effect of course-specific fees including distance education fees, course retake fees, program delivery fees, lab fees or course enhancement fees. Additional information about course-specific fees and other University fees is provided below the rate tables.
    and we all know those Uni fucks like to nickel and dime you here and there with fees.

Anyways, that can probably be done for just under $4k per semester after books, fees, taxes, and any finance charges the school adds on if you don't pay in a lump sum. That is still a reasonable price, but it's going to be tough for a self-funded 18 y/o to put back nearly $700/mo in addition to living expenses.
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

CJ is right. You have a lot of degree holders out there with no experience in the field. Who are you going to hire? The guy who has been doing x job for 20 years and willing to do it cheap, or the entitled little brat Occupier who has a fresh degree and no experience?
      Like Jody said, you guys sure paint with some broad strokes!

I couldn't have gotten into my job without a degree. I guarantee over the course of the next few years i will far out earn what i would have made compared to the me that didn't go to college. I had to borrow money to go, as well as worked 30 hours a week. As a 17 year old it sure would have been hard to find a job that would allow me to live and pay my bills as well as tuition books food vehicle room and board, etc.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hobie;841984]

and we all know those Uni fucks like to nickel and dime you here and there with fees.

QUOTE]

I think IIRC I paid over 1500.00 for tests, certificates, and certain extras for graduation towards the end of the last semester. We were really put off by it.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
          That seemed really low, so I googled it.

A&M Commerce disagrees with you.

That's per semester, no books.

Anyways, that can probably be done for just under $4k per semester after books, fees, taxes, and any finance charges the school adds on if you don't pay in a lump sum. That is still a reasonable price, but it's going to be tough for a self-funded 18 y/o to put back nearly $700/mo in addition to living expenses.
          Interesting. I paid 2500ish last semester.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Interesting. I paid 2500ish last semester.
            That's 15 hours, click the link for 12 hours which I think the gov't considers "full time enrollment", but of course you won't be graduating in the typical 4 years if only doing 12/semester. Maybe that's part of the difference.

Does the GI bill not cover it all for you? Or maybe some sort of military benefit is the difference, I dunno.

I have a friend in Wisconsin that joined the Marines in 99 and didn't get out until 07 IIRC. I haven't flown up to see him since 09 but he was always bitching about having problems with how that all worked. He also has some mental issues now so there might be more to the story.
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post

I couldn't have gotten into my job without a degree. I guarantee over the course of the next few years i will far out earn what i would have made compared to the me that didn't go to college. I had to borrow money to go, as well as worked 30 hours a week. As a 17 year old it sure would have been hard to find a job that would allow me to live and pay my bills as well as tuition books food vehicle room and board, etc.
              Are there two of you? You said that. The point is if you can handle the responsibility of working and going to school at the same time to pay your way, you'll be ahead. Not everyone can do it.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                It's a shame you paint with such broad strokes.
                Originally posted by CJ View Post
                Are there two of you? You said that.
                What?
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

It's a mixed bag. My daughter was recruited by her employer the Spring of her senior year of business school at UT.
                  The flip side is that she has several friends with degree's that are sitting at home. A lot of it depends on the school and the major.

Comment

What?
                    Oh sorry, I thought you were the same person.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Oh sorry, I thought you were the same person.
                      Ha, wtf?!
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Ha, wtf?!
                        He's sorry. He thought you were the same person.
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Ha, wtf?!
                          im jewish.. you're good with money.. i see what he did there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                            That's 15 hours, click the link for 12 hours which I think the gov't considers "full time enrollment", but of course you won't be graduating in the typical 4 years if only doing 12/semester. Maybe that's part of the difference.

Does the GI bill not cover it all for you? Or maybe some sort of military benefit is the difference, I dunno.

I have a friend in Wisconsin that joined the Marines in 99 and didn't get out until 07 IIRC. I haven't flown up to see him since 09 but he was always bitching about having problems with how that all worked. He also has some mental issues now so there might be more to the story.
                            GI bill covers 4 years. Well, I used 2 years GI bill and 2 years Post 9/11 GI bill. Now I'm falling back on Hazlewood act to help pay things
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

im jewish.. you're good with money.. i see what he did there.
                              Haha, I seriously thought you were the same person. I even went as far to search the word "broad" just to make sure no one else said it (assuming you were the same person."

Comment

Haha, I seriously thought you were the same person. I even went as far to search the word "broad" just to make sure no one else said it (assuming you were the same person."
                                So, in your mind, you were posting the following towards me? Lolz

...Many people on here have done it. As for the few dollars, I guess your education didn't include finance. I look at resumes all day long of people ...
                                Last edited by slow99; 10-12-2012, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X