The end is near.... for the 5.0 Coyote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end is near.... for the 5.0 Coyote

Ford plans to kill the 5.0 and replace it with a 4.8. But, at least, it's still a V8.

They have already announced that isnt going to happen.

And I did hear they are planning a di 5.0 tt for the gt500 that will make 740+...

Comment

What's wrong with keep8ng the same shit for 10 years or more like the old days. It's all about cost isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        . It's all about cost isn't it?
        Saw this somewhwre else

The 4.8-liter V8 engine is said to feature direct- and port fuel injection, which allows for a higher compression ratio. In turn, this boosts horsepower and engine efficiency without the need for forced induction

Comment

Mmmm.....Boost with direct injection.

Comment

This is a direct result of the EPA (government) forcing their fuckage on all of us. I'm hopeful it doesn't happen but I know it's an eventuality.
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              This is a direct result of the EPA (government) forcing their fuckage on all of us. I'm hopeful it doesn't happen but I know it's an eventuality.
              thats why the auto trannies are going crazy with gearing because of emissions! 6-speed 10-speed

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                thats why the auto trannies are going crazy with gearing because of emissions! 6-speed 10-speed
                Does anyone have a 10 speed auto yet? I'm guessing by the time you cross a 4 lane intersection, coming off a green light, you'll be in 4th gear!

Comment

Now ford needs to build a little car and put the mustang ecoboost in it.. something the size of a BRZ or lighter!
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    Now ford needs to build a little car and put the mustang ecoboost in it.. something the size of a BRZ or lighter!
                    It'd be more fun if they built something the size of a BRZ, then dropped the TT5.0 740hp motor in it...maybe with AWD to help.

Comment

Yeah remember the great pushrod embargo in 1995 that forced ford to make shit 4.6 modular motors unchanged for 14 years. I'm sure this situation is very similar

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                        Yeah remember the great pushrod embargo in 1995 that forced ford to make shit 4.6 modular motors unchanged for 14 years. I'm sure this situation is very similar
                        Thankfully my 430 hp LT1 Trans Am wasn't affected. I like pushrods. Simple, effective, and cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Does anyone have a 10 speed auto yet? I'm guessing by the time you cross a 4 lane intersection, coming off a green light, you'll be in 4th gear!
                          My Mercedes has a 7 speed. I like the extra gear.
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

2017 Ford F-150 3.5L V-6 EcoBoost 10-Speed

Comment

2017 ZL1, & Mercedes.

Comment

Working...
                              X