No announcement yet.

Race classes..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Damn thats freakin quick for a such a little motor! Never mind I think you got me covered!
    1990 GT

Comment

Got into the .60's 1/8 last night and went 8.97 @ 147.... All on the .082" jet.
      60' was 1.25
      I think there might even be a little more there as you can see it go rich at the big end. guess I'll put the progressive on there and start stepping it up to the .112" (or a crossbar plate.. or just put the fogger on) and see what it will do on a radial.

Was leaving the line @ 1050psi and dropping to 925 at the stripe. That in itself says the tune is fat and I need to get the starting pressure down to about 950 so it stays more consistant throught the run. Went 5.68 @ 120 also on this run.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Maybe I will try a few runs with Tex275 to have some fun!!

Comment

Damn good 60'!

Be ready to take a few steps back when you put the radials on it, it's a decent learning curve, but you'll like the stability of the tires better, that's for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by FX331 View Post
          Got into the .60's 1/8 last night and went 8.97 @ 147.... All on the .082" jet.
          60' was 1.25
          I think there might even be a little more there as you can see it go rich at the big end. guess I'll put the progressive on there and start stepping it up to the .112" (or a crossbar plate.. or just put the fogger on) and see what it will do on a radial.

Was leaving the line @ 1050psi and dropping to 925 at the stripe. That in itself says the tune is fat and I need to get the starting pressure down to about 950 so it stays more consistant throught the run. Went 5.68 @ 120 also on this run.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Maybe I will try a few runs with Tex275 to have some fun!!
          Saw your car run out at Crandall. Fast and easy on the eyes. You really runnin a 331 ? I'm in the process aswell

Comment

Very nice passes!

Lose the wheelie bars

Comment

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
              Saw your car run out at Crandall. Fast and easy on the eyes. You really runnin a 331 ? I'm in the process aswell
              We lied...it's actually a 334! So used to sayin' it's a 331...had a little boo-boo on a piston when we were trying to get it in the 8's earlier.

On the "easy on the eyes", looks great. FYI, he built the motor and did the bodywork, too! As per another thread I started, yes, we were both excited as you could hear! Take care. Dave

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
                Very nice passes!

Lose the wheelie bars
                JamesB built the bars. They work great and dont unload the tire. They hit soft enough that I can run them high and let the car get up on the tire and the bars flex some rather than pushing the car right back down. Once the wing and parachute are mounted they will look more proportonial. Next time out I think we will hit the 150 mark and the parachute will be in order to stay legal to the rules and be safe. Guess while I'm at it I should probably pull the stock brakes off and go with something a little better and lighter..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
                  Yes, 334" (.045" over rather than .030"). Was a 331" till a piston decided it wanted a bigger bore.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                    Damn good 60'!

Be ready to take a few steps back when you put the radials on it, it's a decent learning curve, but you'll like the stability of the tires better, that's for sure!
                    The progressive will hopefully get the radial to hookup. I might even have to upgrade from the old Southside Lowers on there right now. Maybe minitub and get some adjustability back there too. Thinking a 3.90 gear in place of the 4.30 might help some also and get the mph up some. There should be enough nitrous to make up for it with the bigger jet.

Comment

Yeah, getting rid of the SouthSides would be an improvement IMHO. (although they seem to be working now!) Get some good Wolfe adjustable lowers etc.. Hell, if you're changing to coil overs you can get the lowers with no spring perch so you can adjust them without breaking them loose from the torque box or rear end!

The progressive will be a nice addition. Get some limiters on the front and you can do the same 60's with no bars!

Comment

It had travel limiters on there. I only took out about half the full stroke travel of the QA1's and ran them full loose and it has helped huge as its hot hitting the bars like it was before. Next time out I'm going to tighten them up more (both the limiter & strut)... Thinking about 1" of travel will put it in the sweet spot then I can adjust for track conditions. (I would LOVE to get the bars off it.. Give it the sleeper look!) It's been on the bumper soooo many times I'm kinda gun shy to run without the bars..lol. Remember Kennadale when I first moved to TX? Bars went on right after and everytime I have taken them off its back on the damn bumper. I think were finally on to something though by hitting the tire alot harder and limiting the front end!

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember - I was standing behind it saying to get ready for this, it's going up! lol.

Comment

looking good!!!
                            True Street MotorSports
                            901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                            McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                            Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Working...
                            X