No announcement yet.

Argo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i watched it. i liked it a lot. it wasn't my favorite of the year but i picked it to win, especially after backlash from not nominating ben for direction. (though i'm more astonished Tom Hooper wasn't nominated).
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      I for some reason cant stand ben aflek. I hate most of his movies, and figured this one was just another buzz movie that would flop.

Sounds like i need to give it a chance and watch it.
      x2
      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
        i watched it. i liked it a lot. it wasn't my favorite of the year but i picked it to win, especially after backlash from not nominating ben for direction. (though i'm more astonished Tom Hooper wasn't nominated).
        What's some of your favorite movies from last year?

Personally, I can't believe sessions wasn't nominated. That was a good movie

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
          What's some of your favorite movies from last year?

Personally, I can't believe sessions wasn't nominated. That was a good movie
          i thought sessions was crazy strange. i left it unrated, not bad, not good. i didn't really know what to make of it other than it touched on an area i never expected to see. i enjoyed that aspect of it. i felt kind of uneasy the whole time. i do think they could have nominated it seeing as they only did 9 instead of 10.

in order of my favorite to least of the nominees:

#1. les miserables - this one takes the cake for me this past year. anytime i can go into a movie fully expecting to hate it but instead i wind up thinking it was so incredibly done, i have to give it my top spot. that is exactly how i felt with kings speech 2 years back. this movie i knew i would hate because i loathe musicals but tom hooper did an incredible job which i why i would have given him top direction honors as well. Wolverine and Catwoman were remarkable. the only issue i have is this is a movie i probably wont ever watch again but i do that a lot.

#2. beasts of the southern wild. i knew nothing about it and just watched it. it was low budget with a wild premise but it was a powerful movie and amazingly done. it really was fantastic.

#3. Argo. great topic, loved the roles of goodman and arkin. i think it might be the most well rounded movie of the year.

#4,5,6,7 - pick them in any order, i thought they were all good with none better than the other depending on what you were looking for in the movie.
          -Django - entertaining, wild, different, daring.

-Silver Linings Playbook - hard to explain. it was insanity on film with some great character development.

-Life of Pi - visually extraordinary with a powerful allegory. the reason this movie was so highly acclaimed and awarded is it was deemed 'unfilmable' but ang lee pulled it off.

-Moon Rise Kingdom (not nominated) - enjoyable and whimsical, super creative (original screen play).

#8. ZDT. love the subject and the plot. doesn't rate as high for me because i found the lead character completely unbelievable.

#9. Flight. probably some of the best character development of a single flawed character in a movie i have seen in a long time and a pretty powerful portrayal of an addict.

#LAST. Lincoln - i tried to watch the movie on three different occasions and i couldn't ever finish it. it's just not good IMO. i respect daniel day lewis and steven spielberg work but this was just not for me.
          Last edited by momo; 02-27-2013, 01:34 PM.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
            i thought sessions was crazy strange. i left it unrated, not bad, not good. i didn't really know what to make of it other than it touched on an area i never expected to see. i enjoyed that aspect of it. i felt kind of uneasy the whole time. i do think they could have nominated it seeing as they only did 9 instead of 10.

in order of my favorite to least of the nominees:

#1. les miserables - this one takes the cake for me this past year. anytime i can go into a movie fully expecting to hate it but instead i wind up thinking it was so incredibly done, i have to give it my top spot. that is exactly how i felt with kings speech 2 years back. this movie i knew i would hate because i loathe musicals but tom hooper did an incredible job which i why i would have given him top direction honors as well. Wolverine and Catwoman were remarkable. the only issue i have is this is a movie i probably wont ever watch again but i do that a lot.

#2. beasts of the southern wild. i knew nothing about it and just watched it. it was low budget with a wild premise but it was a powerful movie and amazingly done. it really was fantastic.

#3. Argo. great topic, loved the roles of goodman and arkin. i think it might be the most well rounded movie of the year.

#4,5,6,7 - pick them in any order, i thought they were all good with none better than the other depending on what you were looking for in the movie.
            -Django - entertaining, wild, different, daring.

-Silver Linings Playbook - hard to explain. it was insanity on film with some great character development.

-Life of Pi - visually extraordinary with a powerful allegory. the reason this movie was so highly acclaimed and awarded is it was deemed 'unfilmable' but ang lee pulled it off.

-Moon Rise Kingdom (not nominated) - enjoyable and whimsical, super creative (original screen play).

#8. ZDT. love the subject and the plot. doesn't rate as high for me because i found the lead character completely unbelievable.

#9. Flight. probably some of the best character development of a single flawed character in a movie i have seen in a long time and a pretty powerful portrayal of an addict.

#LAST. Lincoln - i tried to watch the movie on three different occasions and i couldn't ever finish it. it's just not good IMO. i respect daniel day lewis and steven spielberg work but this was just not for me.
            I like weird movies, I like stuff that isn't common. Maybe that's the reason I like sessions?

I couldn't watch Lincoln, I tried but it was too boring for me. Beast of the southern wild was a good movie, it was odd and uncomfortable. Moonrise kingdom was really good. I thought Flight was terrible and the only reason Denzel was nominated was because he was black and they needed him as filler

Comment

Debating on whether I should watch Argo or django unchained tonite. Is Argo an action flick or more of a documentary type?
              2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
                Debating on whether I should watch Argo or django unchained tonite. Is Argo an action flick or more of a documentary type?

Django has much more action. Argo is more of a suspense movie.

Comment

yea both argo and django carry very well. If you have any sense of what a good movies is suppose to be I cant see anyone being disappointed in either.

Comment

Just watched Argo, and well I have a few distractions around here, but I found it to be ok. Suspenseful, but overall eh not my thing.

I did love the end when they showed all the old school toys laying around.

Comment

If you can see django on the big screen i would. i would like to aslo point out that i cant stand terrinteno movies for the most part. django was bad ass.

Comment

I watched Argo and Django on the tiny little airplane headrest screens. Loved them both. A lot of things were changed in the way we do business because of lessons learned in Iran. Cross cut shredders was actually a HUGE change. Django was the shit. Classic Terrinteno.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

terrinteno
                          Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          Terrinteno.

lol, wtf?

Comment

Going to watch this as soon as I'm finished watching Les Miserables.
                            Originally posted by talisman
                            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                            Originally posted by AdamLX
                            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            Because fuck you, that's why
                            Originally posted by 80coupe
                            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                            Originally posted by Rick Modena
                            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              lol, wtf?
                              I hate him so much i didnt even bother to look up the correct spelling of his last name. Hence why its butchered to fuck.

Comment

I hate him so much i didnt even bother to look up the correct spelling of his last name. Hence why its butchered to fuck.
                                lincolnboy gave me the same excuse

Comment

Working...
                                X