Without Remorse rumors....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without Remorse rumors....

First off, I am a HUGE Jack Ryan/ Tom Clancy fan. ( book wise). Outside of Red October, and barely, Patriot Games, the movies have sucked.

There are a lot of rumors around about a new movie, for a long damn time! 1995 ish. Without Remorse. I think it is one of the best books he put out of the Ryanverse. John Kelly. Pam, Doris, Sandy, Jack's dad.

Too bad Hollywood will screw it up. Like that Affleck crap they put out last time. Totally butchered most of the book and story lines through the series.

Rumors have Chris Pine as John Kelly.
    Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Basically I am saying this could be a great movie..... IF they do not mess it up. Love, revenge, regret, for some.... remorse, BUT not main characters.
    Some cars and a bike...

Comment

I'm right there with you man, I'm a big Clancy fan and I've even enjoyed the recent books where his son has taken over. I've always thought this would make a great movie but I've always been disappointed over the movies that have been made from his books.

Comment

I read this book in '95 and have always wondered why it hasn't made the big screen yet. Time to get a copy from Amazon and read it again. Nothing like sticking people in decompression chambers or sticking them with shark sticks to keep the reader interested in more.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

My favorite Clancy novel. I'm not sure they can capture what needs to be captured accurately and it will turn out like crap. Need to reread it, been a long time.

Comment

Clancy lost me when he started getting politically preachy in his books. The last decent book of his I read was when Ryan was made President after the plane crashed into the Capital. They were already going down hill and the few I read after that were garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              My favorite Clancy novel. I'm not sure they can capture what needs to be captured accurately and it will turn out like crap. Need to reread it, been a long time.
              I wouldn't see why they couldn't capture it accurately. But would they is the question. Fucking Hollywood has a habit of adapting a book and changing shit up so that it will make a better movie.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Clancy lost me when he started getting politically preachy in his books. The last decent book of his I read was when Ryan was made President after the plane crashed into the Capital. They were already going down hill and the few I read after that were garbage.
              I don't know.. I thought his last two books, Locked On and Dead or Alive, were pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                I wouldn't see why they couldn't capture it accurately. But would they is the question. Fucking Hollywood has a habit of adapting a book and changing shit up so that it will make a better movie.
                They really messed up The Sum of All Fears. Read somewhere Clancy himself was a little upset. Denver/ Baltimore. Newbie CIA/Assistant Director basically.
                Some cars and a bike...

Comment

I don't know.. I thought his last two books, Locked On and Dead or Alive, were pretty good.
                  I suppose they wouldn't. It would be a mix of soullessness, compassion, and violence that is justified but they would fixate on 1 or 2.

Comment

Well, crap. New Jack Ryan movie due out late this year. Not Without Remorse.

Its his pre-CIA days, and not based on any certain book. Something good there. They can not screw up a book.
                    Some cars and a bike...

Comment

Without remorse is a awesome book, read it several times. Red storm rising is really good too.
                      satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                        Well, crap. New Jack Ryan movie due out late this year. Not Without Remorse.

Its his pre-CIA days, and not based on any certain book. Something good there. They can not screw up a book.
                        There screwing up than.

Originally posted by mightyp View Post
                        Without remorse is a awesome book, read it several times. Red storm rising is really good too.
                        Red Storm Rising was the first Clancy book I read and than I read The Hunt for Red October. I've got pretty much every Clancy book at home including the new ones (which weren't really that bad IMO).

Comment

The Sum of All Fears (last half of it) is my favorite book to date. I could not believe how bad the movie jacked it up.

Personally, I'm not digging the new books. Good thing I read them in bed at night to go to sleep, these work wonders.

I'm all for people trying it though. Seems like movie companies are starting to "get it" that they need to maintain some consistency between book and movie.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                            The Sum of All Fears (last half of it) is my favorite book to date. I could not believe how bad the movie jacked it up.

Personally, I'm not digging the new books. Good thing I read them in bed at night to go to sleep, these work wonders.

I'm all for people trying it though. Seems like movie companies are starting to "get it" that they need to maintain some consistency between book and movie.
                            I hate how they jacked up that movie to appease the arab community on The Sum of All Fears. Good book but not my favorite. Have you read Without Remorse? It is by far my favorite Clancy book. When I say the new books I'm refering to Dead or Alive and Locked On. They continue the story line with Jack Ryans son taking on his role. I thought it was pretty good. Just saw a new one, Threat Vector, that I didn't know was released. Might have to look for it online tonight and download it.

Comment

I hate how they jacked up that movie to appease the arab community on The Sum of All Fears. Good book but not my favorite. Have you read Without Remorse? It is by far my favorite Clancy book. When I say the new books I'm refering to Dead or Alive and Locked On. They continue the story line with Jack Ryans son taking on his role. I thought it was pretty good. Just saw a new one, Threat Vector, that I didn't know was released. Might have to look for it online tonight and download it.
                              Yes, I've read all of them - sometimes 3-4 times and am now on Theat Vector. I agree all the earlier books are good - if not great though.

Part of why I may have liked The Sum...is because I did not read it until soon after 9/11, while I was in Bosnia and it was sort of a scenario I could see actually happening.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                              X