X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombieland tv show

First Hints About How*ZombielandWill Become a Weekly TV Show

By Charlie Jane Anders,*Jan 16, 2013 3:40 PM

Zombieland*was one of the freshest horror comedies of the past decade — and*there were reports in late 2011*that it was going to become a TV show for CBS. Now, it looks like the*ZombielandTV show is actually a real thing, because casting calls just went out yesterday for the show's main characters.Spoilers ahead...

We got hold of some script pages that are being used for casting purposes — which may or may not be indicative of what the actual pilot will end up being like, since a lot will change between now and then. But they definitely give us a sense of how the TV show will reinvent the main characters and their backstory a bit. There are casting calls for the four major characters from the film (Tallahassee, Columbus, Wichita and Little Rock) plus a couple minor characters.Here's how the characters would be portrayed somewhat differently on TV:

Tallahassee*is still kind of a snarky weirdo, but he seems to have a much less spiky relationship with Columbus. He and Columbus have a pretty amusing thing where they riff on the fact that Steven Seagal movies always have three-word titles like "Marked for Justice" or "May Cause Diarrhea." But Tallahassee also dispenses homespun wisdom about how to feel happy with your life. He also tells a weird story about being in a trailer park with a perpetually nude Matthew McConaughey. He also has a somewhat heartwarming scene where he tells Columbus that he's been wandering aimlessly for a long time, but maybe he's been put here for a reason — to help Columbus and the others.

Columbus*is much the same, except that he tracks down his grandma and grandpa (Bubbie and Peepaw) only to find them recently zombiefied. Also, Columbus is trying to deal with his newfound relationship with Wichita, after their first kiss. He has started calling her "Krista," her real name — but there are some problems, especially after she finds him reading a book about fatherhood. He tries to organize a romantic scavenger hunt for her in the IKEA they're camping out in, but it goes kind of horribly.

Wichita*is still trying to look after Little Rock, trying to teach her math with problems about someone stealing from a liquor store and jumping on a train going 42 miles per hour, with a cop chasing in a car going 88 miles per hour. We also learn a lot more about Wichita's backstory, including how she ran away from her father after he had her stealing people's Christmas presents — and later, she found out she had a sister who was also being a grifter with her dad.

Little Rock*seems actually kind of excited about meeting Columbus' grandparents, before they turn out to be zombies. And she shares some of her own backstory, about how her dad parked her at a school while he went off grifting on his own — and then yanked her out of school right before a dance that she was looking forward to.

Fred and Ainsley*are two office workers at the start of the zombie apocalypse, obliviously complaining about problems with their iPhones and getting the wrong order at Starbucks, which they admit are "first world problems" with a hashtag — while people are being disembowled just outside the window they're not facing. Tallahassee shows up to bring them their lunch orders, wearing a green polo shirt.

All in all, it's very much in keeping with the style of humor of the film — and more importantly, the characters feel much the same. And at the same time, it sounds as though moving the romance between Columbus and Wichita forward will be a major focus of the TV show, and the relationships among the four main characters will probably become a bit sweeter and more like a family as the show goes on. But as a half-hour comedy about zombies, it looks quite promising.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

A bit of surprising but potentially very exciting news: Zombieland, the TV series, is no longer going to air on a regular broadcast network. Instead, Amazon.com has snapped it up and is developing the series in hopes of showing it on their instant video service.

"A bit of surprising but potentially very exciting news: Zombieland, the TV series, is no longer going to air on a regular broadcast network. Instead, Amazon.com has snapped it up and is developing the series in hopes of showing it on their instant video service.

The 30-minute episodes would appear on Amazon as original programming. And as we've recently discovered through a few casting pages, the show will center around the original group of post apocalyptic survivors. We're actually fairly optimistic about Amazon producing this series — perhaps this way the creators will attempt to do fewer episodes per season, instead of laboring under a ridiculous 22-episode purchase from a major network. Plus, before Zombieland was a movie it was a TV series pitch, so hopefully there's tons of material to build on, from the movie's original writers, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. [Broadcast Now]"

Comment

Hm

Comment

i doubt it will be the same cast as the movie

Comment

lol, I was just checking imdb to see if there were any updates on the sequel and the original is in my bluray player right now.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            i doubt it will be the same cast as the movie
            I bet they can afford it.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

they are casting different people and casting scripts are floating around the net

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                I bet they can afford it.
                sure they could afford it but the cast won't do it

Comment

Ttt
                  Originally posted by talisman
                  I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                  Originally posted by AdamLX
                  If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  Because fuck you, that's why
                  Originally posted by 80coupe
                  nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                  Originally posted by Rick Modena
                  ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                  Originally posted by Jester
                  Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Working...
                  X