• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint disposal

Where can I take old paint?
    Prefer in the Carrollton Frisco area
    "PSH!!!"

Find out more about household chemical disposal at the Environmental Collection Center.

If you don't live in Frisco check with your city and they may give you a voucher, 1 per yr usually so load with up everything you can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      Where can I take old paint?
      Prefer in the Carrollton Frisco area
      You can also dump a filler in there to make it dry and throw away the dried paint...not sure how much you have.

Comment

Wat he said, dried paint can be disposed in a municipal landfill. Where I live an individual household can take up 30 gallons of paint to waste collection events, no commercial disposal is allowed at these events however.

Comment

Just take the lid off and let it dry, or as stated, if it is too much, add the drying shit too it and toss it in the normal trash.
          Or, paint some joists in the attic to get rid of it.

Comment

Maybe donate the paint to a charity depending on how much you've got and the color? My cousin is a painter and he's done that with extra paint before.

Comment

dry it out or fill the can with cat litter to absorb it, then toss in the trash.

our landfill has some "household waste" days where you can bring in oil, paint, etc for disposal without having to do anything to it.

Comment

I hear Nay Nay eats paint.

Comment

If you have enough, you could paint rainbows on some Stang member's fences.

Comment

Depends on your county. If you're in Dallas County, the recycling center is not far from Plano Rd and 635, and they do check ID to verify you're a resident. Easy to do though, you just pull in the lanes, and the workers pull it all out of your car, you never even have to get out.

Comment

In Euless we just pull the lid and let it dry out (or add litter / drying agent, as mentioned), then put it on the curb for normal trash collection. They recommend leaving the lid off so the disposal company knows it's dry.

Comment

Why not just pour it down a storm drain somewhere close by?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                          That's what's up.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            This is a friend’s story of course... but you could always crack the lids and drunkenly throw them into someone else’s backyard at 3am. Just saying.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Pour the paint into a bag of cat litter, let it dry, and then simply throw it in the regular trash.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X