No announcement yet.

Homealone's 62 Ford Country Sedan Build Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my drive shaft is just fucked up, a 1310 is a 1/16th too big and I've tried 4 different brands.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
      Double check the size on your driveshaft end but you should need a 1310 to 1330 conversion u_joint.

Percision 353 (Oreilly)
      Duralast 1-0134 Autozone

Double check the U-joint at the store. I find every other one to be mis-boxed.

I don't recomment the Autozone piece. It is not forged like the others.
      Dana Spicer 5-134X if you don't want a store brand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
        I think my drive shaft is just fucked up, a 1310 is a 1/16th too big and I've tried 4 different brands.
        I know that one. Hold on. It's the one I used in the falcon.

You have the 1.06" cup, right?

EDIT**

You don't have a T Code driveshft in there do you?

You should need the one listed above.

•1310 series
        ◦3.219 inches (3 7/32) wide across bearing caps
        bearing caps are 1.062 inch (1 1/16) diameter
        •1330 series
        ◦3.625 inches (3 5/8) wide across bearing caps
        bearing caps are 1.062 inch (1 1/16) diameter

Like I said earlier, I have found a lot of mis-boxed, mis-labeled u-joits out there. Also be aware that sometimes you will find these u-joints with an extra set of cups. 1 1/16' and 1 1/8".

If all else fails, and this will probably too, cross a Spicer 5-101x which has the 1" cups and see if they fit the 5-134x.
        Last edited by homealone; 09-01-2015, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Or forget all that crap, grab an Explorer aluminum driveshaft, have Automotive Driveline Supply in Hurst shorten it about an inch for $80, swap your T5/AOD/C4 slip yoke which takes a 1330 and hit the road.

Comment

• Will the C4 yoke work?
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
              Will the C4 yoke work?
              It should. Just make sure you don't have 1" cups. Anything with a 1 1/16 or 1 1/8 cup is usuable.

The Explorer slip yoke can't be used because it's for that A4LD trans. Smaller output shaft.

Comment

• Great job man!!!! I knew the wagon was in good hands when you and cool cat picked it up! Always look forward to the updates your builds!

Hope to see you soon when I'm back in Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by gonzoss View Post
                  Great job man!!!! I knew the wagon was in good hands when you and cool cat picked it up! Always look forward to the updates your builds!

Hope to see you soon when I'm back in Dallas.
                  Is Christmas on your schedule? I'm tearing it down the day after Good Guys for a new motor, AC and some interior work to show off New Years Day at the Dairyette show.

BTW, I still think digging out of the yard was a bitch. Sorry about the clothes line post.

Comment

• It's been a few months and until now, no updates. Just driving the hell out of it, making a "To-Do" list and gathering parts.

With a little time off for Christmas, I took care of a few annoying issues with the wagon. I'm getting too old for rattles and vacuuming water out of it everytime we get a turd floater of a rain storm.

So during Thanksgiving I ordered a whole slew of weatherstripping, beltline felts, window channels and wing window gaskets. In addition to that, I picked up a parts car for better glass, handles and several other things we'll cover later.

Along with the weatherstripping, I took care of some other things along the way. Not a lot of excitment but here we go.

Boring stuff so no real pics. The only real downside to this ordeal was the hardened gasket material I had to chisel out.

Before, the dried, cracked hardened weatherstripping, a cleaned up frame and finally reassembled with new parts.

While I was in there, although the wagon came with a sweet set of Vise-Grips for the window crank, it had to go. It's all fun and games until you smack your knee on it banging gears.

New window regulator.

The original beltline felts were shot, glass bouncing around, water getting in, babbies crying, etc.

Now like everything else on this thing, parts are not available. I did find a guy in California that makes the oddball stuff but he didn't work out. After a month of excuses which contradicted each other, I told him to keep his stuff. So if you are in the market and not in a hurry, you might try weatherstripspecial dot com, aka, The Goat Farm. He parts out GTO's too.

Like always, I had to modify parts for other cars. This time, 67 Mustang beltline felts. I had to trim them to fit and drill new mounting holes for the clips.

Comment

• If that doesn't do it for you, try this. For 3 years I have been trying to figure out what these channels were for. Thanks to the parts cars, I figured it out. They hold the bottom of the door panels. I'm glad I didn't throw them away.

Comment

• Next was a rear door lower hinge. I have never seen a hinge pin break. Usually it's worn bushings or a broken hinge. My guess is that it rusted in the center and then forcefully opened and sheared it off.

What a PITA. The two short sections came out with an air hammer after drilling a small hole through it. The middle section fought me. I ended up drilling it completely out.

But it's all back together and the door funtions properly.

Comment

• I have the two front doors completed and I'll finish up the rears tomorrow.

Coming events, I mentioned the parts car. It has everything my car was missing. I've already swapped out the glass, my originals had welding slag melted into them from one of the previous owners.

On the list,

A/C, heater and controls
                          Windshield wiper motor and switch.
                          50/50 Split rear seat
                          3rd row seat
                          Steel wheels (Maybe some white walls)
                          And whatever odds and ends I might need. I plan on using the best of both cars.

In addition to that, I have a motor upgrade planned for the 1st of the year. I asked Santa for a Camshaft, hopefully he got me letter.

Comment

• Nice progress!

Comment

• Updates coming soon. I sold the motor in it and pulling it tomorrow. Extra ponies on their way.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X