BBQ in Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I've been to Blacks in Lockhart and no lines. Well I mean nothing out of the ordinary. It was pretty damned good. I also go to Hutchins here in McKinney and I will put their brisket up to Franklins and I don't have to wait 2 hours or travel to Austin...
    Don't forget to send me an invite when yall go out, ya bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      Don't forget to send me an invite when yall go out, ya bastard!
      lol, will do!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Damn I want too, but I just can't stand in line that long to eat...
        Bring a friend and a 12 pack. Makes the wait much easier.

Comment

Or am i not supposed to be able to afford good bbq either? Lol

Comment

John Mueller meat Co is my go to in Austin. Less wait and sometimes free beers or bloody Mary's.
            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

I have to try Franklins some time. I need to get over to Hutchins too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I've been to Blacks in Lockhart and no lines. Well I mean nothing out of the ordinary. It was pretty damned good. I also go to Hutchins here in McKinney and I will put their brisket up to Franklins and I don't have to wait 2 hours or travel to Austin...
                One of you Hutchins eating ninjas need to post up or PM me when you're going. That place is a few miles from my office and a regular stop (along with One Burger or whatever it is at 5 and 380). Always love a trip to Hutchins!

Comment

I have a set schedule of when I go, less busy and I sit right down because they can have lines, the secret is out apparently. I only make plans when Jose or Rafa want to go eat there, if we plan another BBQ gtg I'll post it up.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I've been to Blacks in Lockhart
                    Love that place.

BUT

I went to Black's in Austin (off Guadalupe, near UT in the hipster area) a couple of months ago and I was shocked at how bad it was. You could say it was roasted beef with barely any visible smoking. I'd rather go to Dickey's. It really messed with my head.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      Love that place.

BUT

I went to Black's in Austin (off Guadalupe, near UT in the hipster area) a couple of months ago and I was shocked at how bad it was. You could say it was roasted beef with barely any visible smoking. I'd rather go to Dickey's. It really messed with my head.
                      I had a bad experience at the blacks in lockhart...but i have to believe it was a fluke.

Terry Blacks off Barton Springs was pretty damn good in my book. Nothing amazing...but good and not overly packed.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        Since I don't see it in this thread, if you don't have time for the wait at Franklin's, Stubbs was a pretty badass experience for us. The ribs were amazing and the brisket was excellent.
                        Stubbs has great BBQ chicken too. His sauce goes best with chicken IMO, and Jr. does everything just the way his dad did and his very hospitable too. Not much waiting and the location is perfect.

If you don't want to wait in line, head west out of Austin into the hill country and find a guy smoking meat in dang near any small town between there and Kerrville and it's going to be a pretty good experience. I've had a lot of great smoked meats at nameless pits in tiny towns scattered all over the hill country my entire life.

Comment

Stopped off at City Market in Shullenberg on our way to Weesatch. That was so damn good Que. They even sold guns and ammo at the front counter.

Comment

This place was awesome the last time i was down in Austin definitely worth checking out...

https://www.facebook.com/labbq78704

Comment

We had some bbq catered for my grandfathers birthday down by New Braunfels two weeks ago. It was the brother of the owner of Goerkes in Marion, hands down the best brisket I have EVER had!! I would zagat rate it 7 Michelin stars.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                I had a bad experience at the blacks in lockhart...but i have to believe it was a fluke.
                                I went there a couple of weeks ago and it was a half hour wait on a Saturday morning. The brisket was pretty good but they didn't offer a lean/moist option. The jalapeno sausage wasn't ground fine enough in my opinion but the pork ribs were spectacular. Sides were all good.

I'd recommend Kreuz over them though, the food is probably better and it's a much more enjoyable experience since you order in the smokehouse.

Assuming I can get my wife out of bed early enough I'm planning on hitting up Snow's BBQ this Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X