SN95 Rear Brake Conversion on a Fox Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SN95 Rear Brake Conversion on a Fox Mustang

Buddy of mine is doing this on his Fox Body and looking for the cables he needs to complete the swap. I did a quick Google search and came up with the following.

Perhaps the biggest area of confusion regarding a disc brake swap (regardless of 4 or 5-lug) is how to get the parking brake to work. For this, you will need new e-brake cables. Specifically: (2) FMS M-2809-A cables, (1) FMS M-2810-A center e-brake cable. There is also a special modification that must be done at the parking brake handle for it to work correctly. In a nutshell, it requires eliminating the self-adjusting mechanism on the handle by cutting the tensioning spring and permanently attaching (via welding) the pawl onto the ratchet gear.
    Any suggestion on where to pick up the cables locally?

Most of the time I find that Five Star Ford Parts in Farmers Branch will have them in stock or order them for you and have them in a day or two. If not LMR, American Muscle or CJ Pony Parts will have them but you have to wait, but will be cheaper and no tax (Tax will be charged at LMR). Hell DMP might have them too, but I'm not sure if they have changed the way the update their website or are truthful in if they have it in stock. I stopped going there because they always lied about having shit in stock.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Most of the time I find that Five Star Ford Parts in Farmers Branch will have them in stock or order them for you and have them in a day or two. If not LMR, American Muscle or CJ Pony Parts will have them but you have to wait, but will be cheaper and no tax (Tax will be charged at LMR). Hell DMP might have them too, but I'm not sure if they have changed the way the update their website or are truthful in if they have it in stock. I stopped going there because they always lied about having shit in stock.
      If you ordered from LMR today before 2 or 3 I think it was, you'll get them Monday. Food for thought.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Thanks everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Use discount code textax at LMR.
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

Got mine from LMR. Fox handle to sn95 disc brake rear. No modification needed

Comment

Originally posted by 86lxttop View Post
              Got mine from LMR. Fox handle to sn95 disc brake rear. No modification needed
              Can you elaborate please.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Latemodel Resto has cables for this exact swap. I did the swap several years ago on a fox I had but never got around to getting the cables but they do have them.
                68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Working...
                X