2018 Mustangs are hitting the streets: underrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Mustangs are hitting the streets: underrated

12.02 in the quarter on stock tires. Wish I could have one.

i think the front end on the previous year was a little better. they had a really good looking car.

i am not mad about it. pretty solid package for the price.

Comment

Wow...7.6's in the 8th stock...
      Originally posted by Da Prez
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Sister picked here up Saturday. Gotta get use to so many years. 17 has more menacing look

Comment

The nose is a HUGE improvement over the '15-17. So glad they dropped the hood line down where it belongs, and got rid of that gnarled up mess of weird lines in the parking lamp area.

But isn't that the same wing Honda put on the Type R over 20 years ago? Great car, order it dork wing delete and it might go 11s stock.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I think I'll just throw an intake throttle body and a tune on my 15 to get up to 18 power levels. Sure beats going 40G's in debt for an 18.

Comment

I just need to see a 2018 in person. I've passed judgement on Mustangs, far to often, with the photos alone only to find that they looked great in the flesh. The 2000 and 2010 models come to mind.

The photos of the 2018 make me think it's a step backwards from a styling standpoint. But I do like that the hood line has come down a lot.

Comment

The front end has been my biggest gripe since they came out. 18 is better, the wrap around lights are the biggest offender to me...too rounded imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  I just need to see a 2018 in person. I've passed judgement on Mustangs, far to often, with the photos alone only to find that they looked great in the flesh. The 2000 and 2010 models come to mind.

The photos of the 2018 make me think it's a step backwards from a styling standpoint. But I do like that the hood line has come down a lot.
                  You should have went to the State Fair and seen the 2018 White 5.0 they had on display. I think it looks bad ass. The rear end looks like the GT350 and the rear tail lights had a small subtle change also.
                  The front end is cool, I like the 15-17's a little better, but this front end could grow on me, especially since it is wind tunnel improved. I like the LED HL's but I miss the LED fog lights, but the 18's are integrated into the turn signals now.
                  The motor is where its at this year, BOSS 302 type cast heads (not CNC'd) for better flow, cams are different as is the intake. I'm sure its tuned for the above improvements too. I've seen 437HP and 401TQ to the wheels on premium fuel with a 6-speed stick, not bad at all for a stock 5.0 4v.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

My only gripe are the triangular "jowls." The rest of the cars lines are sweeping and sexy, then you have the very severe angles out of nowhere.

Comment

Is it bad that I like the type r just as much?
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

I saw an 18 in person a couple of weeks ago. The hood is what looks out of place to me. Swap on an aftermarket hood with a scoop and it would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
                          I saw an 18 in person a couple of weeks ago. The hood is what looks out of place to me. Swap on an aftermarket hood with a scoop and it would be perfect.
                          Forward facing scoops on mustangs have looked bad since 2005.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think these look pretty bad ass.

and

I'm in the market for a newer Mustang. If I can find the right deal on a GT350 around March that second hood would look cool. I've seen about a dozen now that have dipped down into the $47,000 - $48,000 range

Comment

The first one can be acceptable. It's very subtle. The second one can die in an orphanage fire.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X