No announcement yet.

Anyone cryptocurrency mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributed ledger startups Ripple and R3 have become embroiled in a new legal battle over a cryptocurrency options contract dispute.

Distributed ledger startups Ripple and R3 have become embroiled in a new legal battle, with both startups filing lawsuits related to a contract dispute between the two firms.

Ripple alleged in a complaint filed today in the Supreme Court of California that R3 failed to honor an agreement that included an option to purchase 5 billion XRP, the cryptocurrency of Ripple's distributed ledger network. According to Reuters, R3 asked the Delaware Chancery Court to uphold the deal, which would have allowed it to buy the XRP at a price of $0.0085 per token before September 2019
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
      I thought it was already illegal in China? Hell facebook and google are illegal there. People just use VPN's and move forward

Comment

No clue. Just reporting what I find.
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

For bitcoin that is not really a plummet lol. Just normal movement. When I started doing this stuff in june, bitcoin was worth less than half what it is now. I can almost say with certainty that bitcoin will be back up to $4600 in a month or two. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it happened tomorrow. It just doesn't quit. If someone had a lot of money and were looking to invest, imo its bitcoin all day long. Note that the price is $4240 at the time of this post. It will see $10,000.

When I first heard that I was like "Yeah maybe, but we'll see. And who knows when that will be." Now I'm convinced, and its going to be sooner rather than later. 2020 may turn out to be too far off, might be sooner than that. Now they're all saying $20-$22k as some kind of final bitcoin price, but I think its too early to tell that. If this all sounds like some kind of over enthusiasm, I'm just going off of what its been doing while I've been watching. Plus I'm not invested in bitcoin I just use it to buy the other coins. I'm just a small fry at the moment so the altcoins is where I need to be as its what I can afford. Making an extra 20k in 3 years really won't help my life enough so at this point bitcoin isn't attractive to me as an investor.
          WH

Comment

Thoughts on Paragoncoin? I have no affiliation.

Comment

More fluctuations. Time to buy?
              Bitcoin Price Falls to $3,450 But Analysts Aren’t Worried

Comment

I'm seriously considering buying into this new crypto. Not a ton, just like $50. However, I'm confused. It seems I have to buy in with some existing crypto currency. How the heck do I get into bitcoin?!?!?1

Comment

Yep. Anytime you see it lose a significant portion of its value, its time to buy. It almost always just goes right back up to where it was. I'm still new to this, but I have a hunch that once its been there (to a given price) its almost like that is what people now think its actually worth, even if it happens to be down a good deal at a given point. So its like there is this confidence in it, which in and of itself is enough to push it back up. That's just my theory though.

You can use coinbase to buy bitcoin, using your bank account information or credit card. Then transfer that bitcoin, to an exchange like bittrex.

Right now I'm down 10 cents on District0x. DNT. Bought it at 14 cents, now its at 4 cents. Can't say it feels good, but patience is the name of the game and it has all the markings of a solid project that will eventually be completed. At which point of course it will rise well beyond that initial 14 cents where I bought it. Could be a year and a half though.

DNT taught me a lesson recently, one that definitely had my full attention. I bought it at 14 cents, then in a couple days it went to 30 cents. I didn't sell, thinking "Well shit I don't know when it will stop... what if it goes to 60 cents? What if it goes to $1?". Then it plummeted. Asked around and they told me where I messed up is that I should have taken some profit and left the rest just sitting there in DNT. Lesson learned, won't be doing that again. Next time I see massive gains like that I'm jumping off the train, early or not. I bought $6300 worth, which grew to about $19k in a couple days, then plummeted down to around $2200. School of hard knocks.
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Yep. Anytime you see it lose a significant portion of its value, its time to buy. It almost always just goes right back up to where it was. I'm still new to this, but I have a hunch that once its been there (to a given price) its almost like that is what people now think its actually worth, even if it happens to be down a good deal at a given point. So its like there is this confidence in it, which in and of itself is enough to push it back up. That's just my theory though.

You can use coinbase to buy bitcoin, using your bank account information or credit card. Then transfer that bitcoin, to an exchange like bittrex.

Right now I'm down 10 cents on District0x. DNT. Bought it at 14 cents, now its at 4 cents. Can't say it feels good, but patience is the name of the game and it has all the markings of a solid project that will eventually be completed. At which point of course it will rise well beyond that initial 14 cents where I bought it. Could be a year and a half though.

DNT taught me a lesson recently, one that definitely had my full attention. I bought it at 14 cents, then in a couple days it went to 30 cents. I didn't sell, thinking "Well shit I don't know when it will stop... what if it goes to 60 cents? What if it goes to $1?". Then it plummeted. Asked around and they told me where I messed up is that I should have taken some profit and left the rest just sitting there in DNT. Lesson learned, won't be doing that again. Next time I see massive gains like that I'm jumping off the train, early or not. I bought $6300 worth, which grew to about $19k in a couple days, then plummeted down to around $2200. School of hard knocks.
                    youre a fucking idiot. you can take that to the bank

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      youre a fucking idiot. you can take that to the bank
                      Coming from you, that makes me Albert Einstein. Trolling is nothing compared to the shit that you've posted up that you've actually done in real life. I really can't believe you're still here. But I'll go ahead and put you on ignore now. Keep talking, I'm listening, I promise.
                      WH

Comment

Just grabbed $150 of paragon. Had to download coinbase and buy some litecoin and then sell some of it to buy the paragoncoin.

This will be interesting. Like betting at Vegas. With probably the same results.

Comment

Pouring hours and hours of research into a coin before investing, cuts down on the gambling at vegas aspect. Don't forget blockfolio on your phone so you can monitor it easier.
                          WH

Comment

WTC a good buy or nah?

Comment

Some of us may be mining and didn't even know it!

Over the weekend, visitors to Showtime's website or its streaming site ShowtimeAnytime might have noticed their computers slowing down a bit. That's because someone slipped in some JavaScript into the sites that caused them to siphon off processing time from users' browsers in order to mine the cryptocurrency Monero. The Register reports that the software took up as much as 60 percent of visitors' CPU capacity.

Showtime websites used visitors’ browsers to mine cryptocurrency

Over the weekend, visitors to Showtime's website or its streaming site ShowtimeAnytime might have noticed their computers slowing down a bit. That's because someone slipped in some JavaScript into the sites that caused them to siphon off processing time from users' browsers in order to mine the cryptocurrency Monero. The Register reports that the software took up as much as 60 percent of visitors' CPU capacity.

It's unclear who introduced the JavaScript into the websites -- it could've been a hacker, it could've been Showtime or its parent company CBS, though the latter seems less likely. But the Monero-mining scripts were written by a company called Coinhive, which provides this kind of code so that webmasters can choose to generate some revenue without having to resort to ads. The Pirate Bay did this recently. Coinhive told The Register, "We can't give out any specific information about the account owner as per our privacy terms. We don't know much about these keys or the user they belong to anyway."

The mining code is now gone from the websites and Showtime doesn't seem to want to talk about the incident. As for Coinhive, which seems to be perturbed by websites using its code without letting users know and a little irritated that it's now being blocked by adblockers, said on its website that it's working towards making its script opt-in, a move that would hopefully circumvent both issues. And in theory, prevent others from sneaking it into someone else's website.

Comment

Have friends that have been doing really well with Bitconnect.

My referral

BitConnect: Explore the top Bitcoin robots with comprehensive reviews. Bitcoin & Crypto auto trading bots platforms.

Comment

Working...
                                X