Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need information about communication towers. Who has one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need information about communication towers. Who has one?

I have been approached about putting a communication tower on my property. It will be 195 feet tall. They presented me with a 20 page lease. I will have a lawyer look over, but anyone know anything about 'em?
    Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Who did?

There are companies that specialize in lease rate consulting...but AT&T and Verizon have recently teamed up to try and lower lease rates by building their own towers.

You may check with a lease consultant first.

Comment

You are doing the right thing. Have a legit attorney scour every word of that lease before you make any decisions.

Comment

If you have neighbors, you might do them the courtesy of asking how they feel about it. Guy in my area let them put up a tower on his property, and the damned thing kept malfunctioning. It would continue to flash it's daytime light at night, and let me tell you, it's a bright son of a bitch.

No joke, I could see it from 7 miles away in the dark and I lived less than 1/4 mile away. Tower company refused to do anything about it, until I started hounding the FCC about it.

I talked with the guy that had the property and he 100% regretted letting them put it up, he said that the whole damned neighborhood had contacted him and pretty much hated his guts.

Comment

It would have to pay a lot of money to be worth it to me. You will have technicins and contractors with access to your property 24/7. Their work isn't always quiet, sometimes it requires a whole team, and they don't always respect your property. Think of it like a really tall oil well on your property and how rig hands act. Not saying it will suck, but it could. Oil leases are basically forced on you by the state for reasons I don't agree with and we won't get into here, but towers for now are voluntary. It would have to be for a lot of money. And if they violate their agreement and their land man is a douche, how much time and money will it cost you in court to enforce that lease, and who has deeper pockets and more lawyers?
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            It would have to pay a lot of money to be worth it to me. You will have technicins and contractors with access to your property 24/7. Their work isn't always quiet, sometimes it requires a whole team, and they don't always respect your property. Think of it like a really tall oil well on your property and how rig hands act. Not saying it will suck, but it could. Oil leases are basically forced on you by the state for reasons I don't agree with and we won't get into here, but towers for now are voluntary. It would have to be for a lot of money. And if they violate their agreement and their land man is a douche, how much time and money will it cost you in court to enforce that lease, and who has deeper pockets and more lawyers?
            X2

The property would be in your name only. If you look at it as they now totally control the property in theory your ok. Any kind of fight you will be on the losing end.
            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

public safety or commercial?

Comment

Can't verify if this is 100% accurate but..

A guy I know's dad owns an old time auto part's store that he started in the late 60's. He allowed them to put a tower on the same land as the parts store. Said they were paying him $800 per month. This was about 12 years ago. Might be some kind of basis for comparison.
                WH

Comment

What's the property like? My folks live in Colorado and have shit for cell reception at their house. One of the companies wanted to put a tower in the are that looks like a pine tree so it blends in, but still got voted down.

Examples

Comment

I have read its horrible. Like someone said above, they will put up a tower and will obviously need an easement in. They dont lock gates, they tear up the property. They will sub-lease tower space on it and you will have multiple companies out there, not just the company that is leasing from you.

Search over on Texasbowhunter.com. There are a couple people that have had towers on their property.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                      What's the property like? My folks live in Colorado and have shit for cell reception at their house. One of the companies wanted to put a tower in the are that looks like a pine tree so it blends in, but still got voted down.
                      I saw one of those last time I was in CO, I was coming down from Nederland on 72 towards Westminster, it was pretty cool looking...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

My FIL owns a 512 foot tower on his property west of Greenville. It seems pretty straight forward as far as getting tenants and whatnot, but again, he owns the tower, it's not a lease.

But his contact info is on a big sign at the drive in case anything happens, and tenants have to have 24/7 access, so it's similar in that way.

You're doing well by taking the lease to a lawyer, if your neighbors are cool and the property isn't worth doing anything else with then it should be ok. His is in the middle of 20 acres and has been there since the 80s, so it's well rooted.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

I got involved in negotiating a lease for a cell tower for a friend a while back.

They wanted to give him a thousand bucks a month to have it on his property. I started researching and it seemed like $1,000 to $3,000 a month was the going rate around North Texas.

The deal ended up dying because they insisted on a clause where if the land was condemned the landowner would have to pay the costs of moving the tower out of his condemnation proceeds for all of his land. That could easily be a couple hundred grand. The site in question on this deal is pretty high value because it has a high likelihood of a retail use in the future. I would never agree to that bullshit so the whole deal went away.

Be careful what you agree to. A lawyer is going to be expensive. You may want to consult someone who specializes in these leases, it may be cheaper and they can easily know more if they do a lot of them.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

what will it do to your resale ?????? people i know regret it very quick. just like the gas well leases. great at the beginning but soon becomes an eyesore that pays shit .

Comment

Working...
                            X