No announcement yet.

Rangers 2018!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's the trade deadline. Kela just got moved to the Pirates for two players to be named later. I wonder whose next?

Comment

Hopefully Choo showed somebody something last night. I think Belts is going to a contender.

Comment

I don't expect Choo or Beltre to go anywhere.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Our best pitcher is gone per usual. Lots of future firepower but no arms..... John Daniels stays quo in full effect. I wonder if he’s even heard of pitching? He ran off the greatest pitcher he’s ever met, and that man helped the Astros win it all.... karma.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            Our best pitcher is gone per usual. Lots of future firepower but no arms..... John Daniels stays quo in full effect. I wonder if he’s even heard of pitching? He ran off the greatest pitcher he’s ever met, and that man helped the Astros win it all.... karma.
            The Astros signed Altuve in 2007, Keuchel in 2009 and Correa in 2012. Nolan left the Rangers in 2013.

Comment

So the season is over and the team really stunk it up this year. On a positive note JD traded Chris Davis in 2011. He just set a MLB record for the lowest batting average in history for a qualified season at .168. His WAR for the season was -3.2. They still owe him $92 million through 2022.

Comment

80 posts in this thread in 9 months. Pretty indicative of how much people cared about this team. Im not even sure the team and organization evwn cared. Its focused on getting to the new ballpark and not worrying about the product om the field.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  The Astros signed Altuve in 2007, Keuchel in 2009 and Correa in 2012. Nolan left the Rangers in 2013.
                  hahah!
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    80 posts in this thread in 9 months. Pretty indicative of how much people cared about this team. Im not even sure the team and organization evwn cared. Its focused on getting to the new ballpark and not worrying about the product om the field.
                    I was okay with not signing a big free agent during last off season. I don't think having Yu Darvish back or a hitter would've put this team in contention for the playoffs.

We just need to clean house from top to bottom. Look at Oakland who has probably a third of the budget that the Rangers has. Yet are still competitive and in the playoffs.

Revamp out scouting department and revamp our minor league development. Get rid of Doug Brocail and get a new pitching coach.

I might be in the minority, but Joey Gallo doesn't do anything for me. He hit 40 home runs in back to back years. That's great, but he also had back to back .210 batting average and back to back 200 strike outs. He hit 40 home runs, but only scored 82 runs. He needs to get on base more.
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                      I might be in the minority, but Joey Gallo doesn't do anything for me. He hit 40 home runs in back to back years. That's great, but he also had back to back .210 batting average and back to back 200 strike outs. He hit 40 home runs, but only scored 82 runs. He needs to get on base more.
                      He really didn't like playing center field. He's arbitration eligible after next season and hopefully whoever the manager is will notice that he's a 6'5 235 pound power hitter and not a center fielder. That and he belongs in the 3-4-5 spot in the batting order, not second or seventh.

Comment

8 time zones = duplicate post

Comment

He really didn't like playing center field. He's arbitration eligible after next season and hopefully whoever the manager is will notice that he's a 6'5 235 pound power hitter and not a center fielder. That and he belongs in the 3-4-5 spot in the batting order, not second or seventh.
                          Gallo has tons of upside still. Putting him a slot ahead of a healthy Beltre would make the entire team better. We still desperately need starting pitching....

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            Gallo has tons of upside still. Putting him a slot ahead of a healthy Beltre would make the entire team better. We still desperately need starting pitching....
                            JD already has gift baskets ordered for Keuchel and Kershaw. Even if those don't work Patrick Corbin, Charlie Morton and David Price can be free agents. Obviously we won't get all of them but surely one of them will land in Texas. They are all substantial upgrades over Hamels.

Also of note Nelson Cruz, Craig Gentry and Leonys Martin are in contract years. We can solve the left and CF problem for many years to come and get a really big right handed bat as DH.

Comment

JD already has gift baskets ordered for Keuchel and Kershaw. Even if those don't work Patrick Corbin, Charlie Morton and David Price can be free agents. Obviously we won't get all of them but surely one of them will land in Texas. They are all substantial upgrades over Hamels.

Also of note Nelson Cruz, Craig Gentry and Leonys Martin are in contract years. We can solve the left and CF problem for many years to come and get a really big right handed bat as DH.
                              We do have Willie Calhoun who might be our CF of the future. Don't quote me on that, but he's the top prospect we got in the Darvish trade.
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

So the old ballpark will live on! At least as long as the XFL stays in business.

Comment

Working...
                                X