No announcement yet.

Nexen tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A car I bought several years ago had them on it. I had zero issues with them, and I drove them pretty hard. That being said, I'd only deliberately buy them if I was in a crunch.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
      Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
      All the reason not to buy one. An American truck on some Korean rubber gtfo here. All in the name of a dollar fuck dodge
      Hit the nail on the fukn head

Comment

Originally posted by War Machine View Post
        Do you have an account with them or just walked in?
        I’ve used them off and on for years since I was a kid when I needed cheap tires. I saw this ad recently online for that size
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Damn, car tires are cheap!

Comment

i get the feeling those tires will be noisy A/F and/or wear like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              Damn, car tires are cheap!
              Economy car tires are cheap. $500 will get you a set of Michelin econo tires, versus a single Pilot Sport 4S on my Mustang.

Comment

My boat trailer came with them 10 years ago... other than dry rot I didn't have too many issues with it. They were at the time though available in a size that wasn't offered in a "trailer" tire so anytime I did have an issue no shop was willing to mount/balance if I told them what it was for. My trailer has bling bling 18's though, which is more likely the thing that fucked me here.
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

My fusion has some. They handle better and are less loud than the continentals that it came with.

Comment

Go to the Oak Cliff walmart off 30 and count how many cars have nexen tires. Now, go to let's say Colleyville or Southlake and see that every single car has Michelin's or better.

Now ask yourself, do the citizens of Oak Cliff TX know something the people of Trophy Club or any other self respecting town don't???

I'm sayin...

I googled: dodge ram have factory nexen tires

and 1st result was this:
                    https://www.ramforum.com/threads/nex...-bombs.117598/

Hit the nail on the fukn head
                    So you found someone who got a bad tire that complained online? Good for you. Out of millions of tires made some will have failures no matter the brand. Every person on here that has used these tires all said good to go. Yes there are better tires that i buy too but these aren't bad tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      Economy car tires are cheap. $500 will get you a set of Michelin econo tires, versus a single Pilot Sport 4S on my Mustang.
                      Ya, that's a little closer to what I'm used to with big off-road tires. The ones I really want next are $700 each, and you really gotta have 5.

Comment

Originally posted by smrr1 View Post
                        So you found someone who got a bad tire that complained online? Good for you. Out of millions of tires made some will have failures no matter the brand. Every person on here that has used these tires all said good to go. Yes there are better tires that i buy too but these aren't bad tires.
                        Well yes and no. The link has just as many supporters as naysayers for the nexen tires.

The frightning part had you bothered to read any of it was the those that did have issues had so at very early stages 5k miles or less and were talking complete blowouts hence the title "nexen tire bombs"

Some also described bad situations with better known tires. I myself had a set of Michelin's with excessive premature sidewall cracking. What did I do? I replaced them with another set of Michelin's. If all tires are shit why waste the money on another set? Because I'll sleep better and wouldn't hesitate to toss the keys to a family member

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                          I’ve used them off and on for years since I was a kid when I needed cheap tires. I saw this ad recently online for that size
                          If ya need an account let me know, I piggie back off my buddy's car shop

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            Anyone used them before? The price seems super cheap but they have good reviews. I know reviews can be fake though. Anyhow I can get a new set for $220 mounted vs $500 for a set of Michelin’s.. I know Michelin is a superior tire but $280 superior? This tire size would be 235/75/15
                            How about some Pirelli's for $308.88 + tax installed with warranty from Sams

Deal is only good for today and tomorrow

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/p235-7...lp_product_1_8

Comment

Michelin is best. I don't care how expensive they are its worth the damn money. Get those instead of some weird crap
                              WH

Comment

How about some Pirelli's for $308.88 + tax installed with warranty from Sams

Deal is only good for today and tomorrow

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/p235-7...lp_product_1_8
                                I had already ended up buying them, but probably would’ve gone with that ^^.. seems the people who have driven on them think they’re good. They’re pretty quiet. Not Michelin quiet but they were $238 out the door mounted and balanced. I’m happy if I get 20-25k out of em
                                Last edited by Stephen; 07-07-2019, 10:30 PM.
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X