PC Gamers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
    My single 6990 was running 3 monitors in BF3 last night on ultra settings at 35-55fps. No overheating either. With 2 cards I was sitting at 75-100fps if I remember right.
    What desk mount is that exactly? I think I might buy one.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

How thick.of a desk can it clamp to? My desk is like 2.5" thick?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My single 6990 was running 3 monitors in BF3 last night on ultra settings at 35-55fps. No overheating either. With 2 cards I was sitting at 75-100fps if I remember right.
        Planning on selling that 6990 anytime soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          I'll sell my 6970's when the 7970's come out

I do plan on going tri-fire immediately when the new cards come out (if I can walk away with 3 under 1200 or so). DFWMustangs hook up too my friend

Comment

How thick.of a desk can it clamp to? My desk is like 2.5" thick?

Not sure on the max thickness. Ill measure when i get home though. I dont think 2.5" is a problem.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            Nope, ill repasting it and popping it back in and limiting the fps. If i change my mind ill let ya know though.

Sent from LG Thrill using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Lason; 12-02-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
              I'll sell my 6970's when the 7970's come out

I do plan on going tri-fire immediately when the new cards come out (if I can walk away with 3 under 1200 or so). DFWMustangs hook up too my friend
              That sounds good to me buddy, I'll take them if it's reasonable for me How exactly do you hook up 3 screens on two cards? Crossfire them and then have two on one, and one on the other.

Comment

• nope they all hook up to the top card. You need at least one to be a display port plug though so you may need an adapter. All three of my screens are display port and plugged into the same card.

here is what the back of an eyefinity card looks like. You can see all the ports they offer. (**EDIT** thats actually a 6990 card, some of the other cards have 2 dvi ports and less displayports)

Last edited by Lason; 12-02-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

nope they all hook up to the top card. You need at least one to be a display port plug though so you may need an adapter. All three of my screens are display port and plugged into the same card.

here is what the back of an eyefinity card looks like. You can see all the ports they offer. (**EDIT** thats actually a 6990 card, some of the other cards have 2 dvi ports and less displayports)

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/420...LIPPED_SML.jpg
                  yeah you bastard!
                  I wish my 6970's had more DP ports.

mine only have 2 dvi + 2 mini-dp.

Comment

nope they all hook up to the top card. You need at least one to be a display port plug though so you may need an adapter. All three of my screens are display port and plugged into the same card.

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/420...LIPPED_SML.jpg
                    Okay so your primary must be on the DVI, I assume because HDMI requires some driver to operate, so during post only your primary screen functions. I've never even owned an AMD/ATi card so this is all new to me.

Comment

• not really, as far as I know.
                      when I had "just" my 3008 connected. it was via dp.
                      when I got the other screens connected to it, i moved it to dvi.
                      During Post you'll get double bios's, when I post; i get video on my main (3008) and on the left most screen of my eyefinity setup.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
                        not really, as far as I know.
                        when I had "just" my 3008 connected. it was via dp.
                        when I got the other screens connected to it, i moved it to dvi.
                        During Post you'll get double bios's, when I post; i get video on my main (3008) and on the left most screen of my eyefinity setup.
                        Sounds like I need to get some more screens also. Can't wait until I have to purchase 3 fucking screens. It would be pretty damn baller to get 3 of those Planar 30" screens - they are 1080p so I'd guess that would be 5760x1080?

Comment

• All three on mine are mini display port, I dont use the DVI port. When my pc boots up my side screens show the post screens and my center stay blank untill I get to the desktop. No drivers needed either.

Comment

Sounds like I need to get some more screens also. Can't wait until I have to purchase 3 fucking screens. It would be pretty damn baller to get 3 of those Planar 30" screens - they are 1080p so I'd guess that would be 5760x1080?
                            yup
                            that's not bezel corrected though, so bezel correct it might be bigger.

Comment

Watch out with the 3 screens. I got Acer 24" screens and I love them but they are almost too big. In landscape I have to look at my far right for the time and far left for the windows icon. In portrait mode Im looking up and down alot. 24" is more than enough. They were $179 each also.

Comment

Working...
                              X