Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tips, pointers? Photography, am I doing it right?
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Looks like you're doing just fine Adolfo. Good composition in these.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

God beamed all his sublime light of all that is 'Murrican directly into Maidenhead.

I was driving down the road and saw this sweet ass ride pulling into a "petrol" station to fill up. I quickly made an evasive maneouver to enter at the same time that my wife flipped her shit thinking that I had suffered a stroke or something.

I quickly got off the car and went to the Southern Brit Gentleman that was commandeering this sweet fucking machine and asked him if he minded I shoot his car while he went in to pay. We chatted a bit about how there is only 12 Chargers in the UK and this is the only one with the General Lee paint. I took some pictures and some of the locals flocked when they saw me shooting this fine rarer than Ferrari or McLaren car.

As he came back I thanked him for this opportunity to share with you all and proceeded to go back to my car. On his way out he peeled out and ran his horn "Dixie" theme. I briefly dropped my jaw.

Enjoy!

Comment

that's pretty badass man! What are the odds?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            that's pretty badass man! What are the odds?
            Odds wise? I'm actually scared to walk outside. I might get hit by a flying truck being piloted by a drunk dolphin.

Comment

Anyone participate in the 500px photo walk? A small group of us went down to the Scott Base pressure ridge to take some pictures with the light from the setting sun. The pressure ridge is the area where the ice shelf pushes into Ross Island and the ice buckles. It is an extremely slow process, but really cool to see.

First picture is not mine, but the picture of the group (i'm kneeling). The rest are mine.

Comment

Great pix Mike, keep 'em coming.
                And again, so envious. Would love to see that place!

David

Comment

Just a few I had on my phone. I'll see if I can't post some of my nicer ones later

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                    Great pix Mike, keep 'em coming.
                    And again, so envious. Would love to see that place!

David
                    Thanks! I fly out of here tomorrow. I will probably start a thread for my vacation pictures (3 weeks south island New Zealand, 5 days Gold Coast Australia, and 2nights/1day South Africa). As a matter of fact... maybe I will start that thread here shortly.

Comment

General Photography Thread - Post your pics, tips and gear

This is from my trip to Cadillac ranch.

Did this for a buddy of his little girl.

And these are just random.

Comment

Comment

DSC_1466-HDR-3 by mr_fiux, on Flickr

Comment

Nice!

Comment

My wife wants to get a "good" camera to start taking better pics than the phones and point and shoot will. Do ya'll have opinions on which if these is the batter camera and/or deal? I am thinking that the Canon is the better body, but O'm not sure if the accessories are worth that much.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PG6R32Q?psc=1&ref_=redir_mobile_desktop[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                                My wife wants to get a "good" camera to start taking better pics than the phones and point and shoot will. Do ya'll have opinions on which if these is the batter camera and/or deal? I am thinking that the Canon is the better body, but O'm not sure if the accessories are worth that much.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T8LQ8VW...ing=UTF8&psc=1
                                The second link didn't work. However, what I would recommend, and this is just my opinion, is to get a basic camera kit and slowly invest in quality lenses. The camera bodies are like every other electronics gadget, there is a better one every year. I wouldn't even get a new body, to be honest. Find one a new-ish one on Craiglist where somebody upgraded to the newest one and save some money. The lenses are an investment and she will keep them as she gets better and eventually upgrades the camera bodies. Even the entry level DSLRs today are damn good and I would start there. I happen to shoot Cannon, but I know a lot of people that have Nikons and either is a great choice.

I didn't do a lot of shopping around, but here is a good example. Camera, decent lens, memory card, and shoulder bag:

And you won't pay tax with B&H as they are not in TX, but a great electronics retailer. I also went with Canon only because I happen to know more about Canons than I do Nikons.

*EDIT* I see you fixed the second link. I like the second one better only because the kit doesn't include a lot of fluff that you will eventually throw away later because it is junk.

Comment

Working...
                                X