get off your butt and build something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JV106 View Post
    I’ll jump in here... I had a guess my dyno numbers thread on here and then it blew up on the way home from getting it tuned. I got the motor fixed and put it in the car. Still need to bolt up all of the accessories and get it painted. Been a busy year though. We had a kid and now have another one on the way. Most of my free time gets spent on the couch with the little man.

Hopefully these pics work this is the first time I’ve tried to do this.

Image 361-C020-A-C41-D-4-E59-80-A2-0-DA3-A9-E9-D11-A hosted in ImgBB

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.

https://ibb.co/PMCGzrx
    I dig the shit out of that.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Thanks. It’s a dart block 363, custom cam, etc, etc. made 415 hp / 407 tq. That was with bbk shorty headers and 2.5” exhaust. I put a set of Accufab mid length headers with 3” collectors. Need to redo the exhaust in 3”. I think with the better exhaust and a better tune it’ll make 430+. I might take it down a drag strip just to see what it would run but ultimately I want to do good weather cruising with the top down and hit car shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
        I'm thinking of going with ridetech air suspension on the buick. I want it to get low, but also still ride nice.
        They quoted me at $5100 for a complete set up for my car.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
          They quoted me at $5100 for a complete set up for my car.
          the cougar? I'd hope mine would be cheaper since it's already got a 4 link rear.
          I'm waiting on a quote from them now. Oddly enough there's not out of the box kit for my car. lol

Comment

• this picture really shows how long its been since the last time I worked on the car. bottom picture was taken when I pulled the car out to swap the motor last time. Top pic was taken last weekend when I finally got it running. Same kid! lol

Comment

• And she wasn't even alive the last time it ran!

Comment

• I know you're talking about finding another set of wheels for the Riv, but I think it would look awesome with those stock wheels after some fresh black paint in the windows and some elbow grease polishing up the chrome. Instead of air ride (which is an enormous pain in the ass!) maybe cut one coil out of the front and see what ya got. It is already pretty low and being a 3-ton Buick I know it rides good...
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  I know you're talking about finding another set of wheels for the Riv, but I think it would look awesome with those stock wheels after some fresh black paint in the windows and some elbow grease polishing up the chrome. Instead of air ride (which is an enormous pain in the ass!) maybe cut one coil out of the front and see what ya got. It is already pretty low and being a 3-ton Buick I know it rides good...
                  I would agree. Polish up that chrome, freshen the black in the windows, narrow whites, and it would be clean as a whistle!
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Danny's usually not wrong on car stuff. Polish the whole car, freshen up the wheels, and they decide what way you want to go. I've put like 6 or 7 sets of wheels on mine and very few looked like what I thought they would.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• The Rivis to me have always had similar lines to the Impala/ Caprice so if it were mine I'd go traditional low rider with it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                        The Rivis to me have always had similar lines to the Impala/ Caprice so if it were mine I'd go traditional low rider with it...
                        I'm far to fat nerdy white guy to ever pull that off. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                          the cougar? I'd hope mine would be cheaper since it's already got a 4 link rear.
                          I'm waiting on a quote from them now. Oddly enough there's not out of the box kit for my car. lol
                          You’re going to have $2000+ in just universal parts. I’m not talking cheapeast of the cheap, just quality stuff that will ride nice.
                          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                            You’re going to have $2000+ in just universal parts. I’m not talking cheapeast of the cheap, just quality stuff that will ride nice.
                            I was thinking 3-5K would be my cost, but closer to 3 than 5. but we will see what it looks like when I put a front bumper back on it. might put it where I want it height wise. I've just always imagined this car on bags. Always been my dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              I would agree. Polish up that chrome, freshen the black in the windows, narrow whites, and it would be clean as a whistle!
                              I agree with both these dudes. We do the wheels which is almost free, some even fresh tint all the way around and a front bumper. Aesthetics done
                              DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• If you tint those windows I'll egg your house.

Comment

Working...
                                X