No announcement yet.

Headlight Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've used the 3M kit on a few different cars. It works great, but the yellow comes back, even worse, in a year or so. I'm debating trying a second time on my Accord and shooting some clear rattle can enamel over them to see if that helps.

Comment

Crystal view. Nuff said
      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Super easy and high speed buffer helps.

Or if you're real cheap, look for a can of Brasso and apply. Works pretty damn good.

Comment

Soesoe clear coated mine 6 months ago. Still holding up great. Well worth the money

Comment

Color sand all the original coating off and reclear. Problem solved, done it plenty of times.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
              Color sand all the original coating off and reclear. Problem solved, done it plenty of times.
              1500, 2000, 3000 then clear? The lights on my fiance's g35 need done. Will urethane clear be ok and not attack the plastic?
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I have just used 800 and sprayed sikkens autoclear on them cause its what we have in house. Sanding down to 3000 may cause adhesion issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                  Yeah I've priced the headlights and run from $250-$350 a pop. Dont want to invest in that much.
                  Have you priced them from Certifit? They are usually a fraction of that price.

Comment

I recently tried Dupli-Color HLR100 Headlight Restoration Kit on lights that got yellow and cloudy some time after sanding and polishing (because I did not clear coat). Dupli-Color kit is $10 comes with spray polish and spray clear. The polish is easy, fast, and cleared up the lights beautifully. Clear was also easy and crystal clear. Takes longer to mask off around the light than polish and clear. I did two cars and have enough left from one kit to do at least one more car. Only been a couple of months so can't comment on durability but will report if it starts to look bad.

Comment

Crystal view. Walmart. $20 lasts
                      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Working...
                      X