No announcement yet.

Whiskey aficionados

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just went to the new True Spirtis location in W. Plano (3401 Midway Rd, Plano, TX 75093)

They have the best selection of bourbon of all the stores in that area. Beats all 3 specs, goody goody, total wine etc. Small store, but lots of different bottles. Didn't look at the scotch side.

I picked up a Bookers 2015-01 and a cask strength Makers. They had several higher priced bottles, including some I hadn't heard of yet. Lots of things I hadn't seen at any other stores.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      But i must admit i think ice is a sin...to put it nicely...haha
      There are times when it makes sense.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
        There are times when it makes sense.
        Culture me!

Comment

Culture me!
          If you're just having a little nip of whiskey, or certain kinds of whiskeys, it doesn't make sense. Bigger, hotter, denser flavored whiskeys can bloom and show you a new pallet of flavors and scents as they change temperatures and become diluted. I used to be in the "neat or bust" camp also, but the fact is that if you're drinking it to enjoy it and really exploring it as you go, there's almost no wrong way to drink it. Be in it for the experience. Have a conversation with the glass.

Comment

If you're just having a little nip of whiskey, or certain kinds of whiskeys, it doesn't make sense. Bigger, hotter, denser flavored whiskeys can bloom and show you a new pallet of flavors and scents as they change temperatures and become diluted. I used to be in the "neat or bust" camp also, but the fact is that if you're drinking it to enjoy it and really exploring it as you go, there's almost no wrong way to drink it. Be in it for the experience. Have a conversation with the glass.
            Thats gotta be the most odd explanation of drinking whiskey ive ever heard. I dont know if its hipster, yuccie or uppity...but its definitely got a heavy dose of feminine.

Ill let you do the exoloration, but after reading that...my beliefs are confirmed lol.

Edit: im not saying you are wrong, but maybe im not upper middle class enough to have a conversation with my scotch.

Comment

Thats gotta be the most odd explanation of drinking whiskey ive ever heard. I dont know if its hipster, yuccie or uppity...but its definitely got a heavy dose of feminine.

Ill let you do the exoloration, but after reading that...my beliefs are confirmed lol.

Edit: im not saying you are wrong, but maybe im not upper middle class enough to have a conversation with my scotch.
              you should try it.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

You're obviously not a Richard Paterson fan.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  You're obviously not a Richard Paterson fan.
                  No...i dont even know who that is. My first thought was the twilight guy then i remembered that was a robert.

Comment

My first thought was the twilight guy.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Ultimate Collectible Bourbon Collection! - $4500 (DFW)

Comment

Then you should stick to wells, because you clearly don't care about tasting your whiskey.

Comment

No...i dont even know who that is. My first thought was the twilight guy then i remembered that was a robert.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                          Originally posted by Denny
                          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Then you should stick to wells, because you clearly don't care about tasting your whiskey.
                            Lol because i dont like to converse with my scotch and am not bitch enough to ice it down?

Comment

• I noticed a few of you keep your bottles in the box/tube even as you drink them. Do you have problems with sunlight or something?

Comment

Lol because i dont like to converse with my scotch and am not bitch enough to ice it down?
                                Inferring that watering it down is a bitch move is proof positive that you don't actually enjoy it, and that you've been taught that it's supposed to be hard to drink and only manly men can get it down. Do yourself a favor and set that myth aside. If you're not here to actually enjoy the flavors it presents you're just drinking it so you can say you have XX-whisky/whiskey in your hand. That means it's attire, like the watch you select. Since faking the booze in your glass is easy, you should just drink something cheaper and "easier" to drink, and maybe get a little ginger ale in there for your tummy.

Comment

Working...
                                X