No announcement yet.

get off your butt and build something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My main problem is working on the tune on my fox... Anyone know a dyno tuner that can/will tune a Megasquirt?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post

LS3 and 6 speed, 4 wheel disc and lots of other crap.
      Looks slow. I dig it!

Comment

I moved to my new place in May of 2016. My fox body has been driven one time since then. It needs a sold weekend's worth of TLC to get it on the road. Shame on me.

Comment

'03 Mach 1 needs a fuel pump and possibly has a vacuum leak somewhere. I need to get off my rear and get to dropping the fuel tank.

Comment

Not to mention the '65 Pace Car. It needs a whole lot more than a weekend's worth of TLC. Maybe when my kiddos are a bit older...

Comment

I also have a knock in the engine in the ranger, and the van needs a roof rack built, and the push bar welded on. But the Buick takes precedent right now.

Comment

I’ve got this waiting to go in my F150... ran out of play money so the build is on hold.

Stock is 48mm turbos. These are 72mm EFR’s.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  Well, all this is going to do is encourage me to find a project, which I don't need, so that I can start collecting parts, which I don't have room for, so that I can build something with my son when he get old enough...
                  Tru dat!

I try to keep my projects "running" so they don't go stale for years. However, you people keep pushing the thoughts of picking up something older.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                    Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    Anyone want to buy my project lol.

how much?
                    I honestly don't know what cars like this are worth, I bought it from a friend so I know it is a built motor that started as a brand new crate motor from ford, built tranny and rearend, but I can't actually prove that to a buyer. It was running and driving a year ago after sitting for 3 years, went back 6 months later to get it out to clean up and sell and it wouldn't start, probably a fuel issue. Figure I'll get it running again then list it for 8-10k and see if it gets any bites. Once its running it will just need some tuning work, leaks fixed and trans brake hooked up.

Comment

Everytime I see that pic, I cringe because I know that engine is going to scratch the paint.

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      I'll go first. everyone knows the car, my 72 boat tail

here's what it needs:
                      pull engine change pan and pick up tube
                      rebuild carb
                      repair/replace/clean fuel lines and tank
                      repair any rat chewed wires
                      buy and install front bumper
                      replace 20+ year old tires
                      fix what ever else I find along the way.

who's next?

Comment

What engine is that?

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post

I’ve got this waiting to go in my F150... ran out of play money so the build is on hold.

Comment

Details? As much as I would like to get crazy with my SCrew, it is my dad mobile and our primary mode of transportation. I don't enjoy driving the wife's Explorer with more options and comfort features as much as the truck. I need it to stay reliable and a somewhat comfortable ride! It is bone stock at the moment. I still need to get the drop shackles installed and eventually that pedal commander is a MUST, I hate the lag in throttle response.

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                          What engine is that?
                          Probably the 2.7 or 3.5 EB
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

What engine is that?
                            Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            Details? ….Probably the 2.7 or 3.5 EB
                            My truck is a 2011 Platinum with the 3.5 EB. The engine build was going to be a decent short block with stock heads and the Full Race stock location turbo upgrade, ending up around 550 rwhp. Then I got stupid.

This one has a stock crank but that's it. Everything else is upgraded. Deck plate in the block (EB's have floating cylinders), full port job on the heads, nice rods and pistons, high end springs and valves, custom grind cams, a HPFP that costs as much as a used Civic, better injectors, converting to return fuel system with a surge tank, remote oil filters, and on and on and on. I spent easily 4x what I initially budgeted.

The engine is actually headed back to the builder. It's been sitting in the shop for over a year. Currently has stock cams and he's going to install different pistons and the custom grind cams and go back through the motor to freshen up all of the assembly lubes and such. If money starts flowing again, I'm considering a 4.2L stroker but the sane side of me says to just stop and get it installed.

I've got a build thread going on another forum if you care to see more detail. It's gets into the engine and everything else I've done to the truck so far.

Ecoboost Platinum build
                            Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 02-08-2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Everytime I see that pic, I cringe because I know that engine is going to scratch the paint.
                              rest assured it did not.

Comment

My truck is a 2011 Platinum with the 3.5 EB. The engine build was going to be a decent short block with stock heads and the Full Race stock location turbo upgrade, ending up around 550 rwhp. Then I got stupid.

This one has a stock crank but that's it. Everything else is upgraded. Deck plate in the block (EB's have floating cylinders), full port job on the heads, nice rods and pistons, high end springs and valves, custom grind cams, a HPFP that costs as much as a used Civic, better injectors, converting to return fuel system with a surge tank, remote oil filters, and on and on and on. I spent easily 4x what I initially budgeted.

The engine is actually headed back to the builder. It's been sitting in the shop for over a year. Currently has stock cams and he's going to install different pistons and the custom grind cams and go back through the motor to freshen up all of the assembly lubes and such. If money starts flowing again, I'm considering a 4.2L stroker but the sane side of me says to just stop and get it installed.

I've got a build thread going on another forum if you care to see more detail. It's gets into the engine and everything else I've done to the truck so far.

Ecoboost Platinum build
                                Sounds like it is going to be a blast to drive when you get it put together! I'll have to check out the build thread.

My question is, did you take care of the damn oil filter?! I did my first oil change last weekend, and fuck the O-ring replacement on that fucker.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X