Building a pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    That requires effort, places to store it and removable shade done cheap is not attractive.

So the chiller is barely more expensive (if at all), requires less effort and works better. Some of us are ok spending negligiby more for a superior solution.

The chillers are chintzy and I don't install them unless the customer insist on one.

For shade I put up 4 poles with 2 strands of wire rope and put a retractable screen on the rope.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
      The chillers are chintzy and I don't install them unless the customer insist on one.

For shade I put up 4 poles with 2 strands of wire rope and put a retractable screen on the rope.
      "Those electronic pool chillers are chintzy, let me sell you these poles, a sheet and some string! Why keep your pool at the exact temp you want at the push of a button when you can just raise this sheet and hope the temp is within 10 degrees of what you want after 5 days!?"

Comment

"Those electronic pool chillers are chintzy, let me sell you these poles, a sheet and some string! Why keep your pool at the exact temp you want at the push of a button when you can just raise this sheet and hope the temp is within 10 degrees of what you want after 5 days!?"
        I am talking about the evaporative coolers, not heat pumps. How could I realistically call something that is 10k plus installed chintzy?

If you do it right the poles and wire rope are nearly invisible. FYI, I only do the poles, wire rope, and sun screens for people who could really give a damn about aesthetics.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I am talking about the evaporative coolers, not heat pumps. How could I realistically call something that is 10k plus installed chintzy?
          You know I cant read your mind! I'm still waiting on my ring.

Comment

You know I cant read your mind! I'm still waiting on my ring.
            I am still waiting on a little bit of booty before I pop the big question.

Comment

Just have sod and sprinkler re-route left!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Needs more outdoor kitchen. Nice though!
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  Needs more outdoor kitchen. Nice though!
                  Thanks!

Theres a grill and a smoker around the corner but not a real kitchen...I wish I had enough room to do that and keep the whole side yard

Comment

Thanks!

Theres a grill and a smoker around the corner but not a real kitchen...I wish I had enough room to do that and keep the whole side yard
                    Look at you all fancy with your side yard.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That looks really nice. What plaster did you go with?

Comment

That looks really nice. What plaster did you go with?
                        Thanks! I took a lot of the advice in this thread and added some stuff. More shade, high placed c plate door locks, verified drainage...etc.

The plaster is some variant of a mini pebbletec style. I dont remember the actual brand. If I were doing it again I may go a tad lighter...its hard to know until we use it a little more.

I am very glad we got the heat pump and fully expect to use the chiller more than the heater. It's a really shallow pool that already got up to 86 4 days after fill.

The way our high efficiency windows reflect right into the pool during certain parts of the day was a big driver in realizing yall were right about needing many shade options. It turns into this valley of sunlight.

Comment

Looks great! I like the darker plaster, we did the same. Our plaster color is Tahoe Blue.

Comment

Thanks! I took a lot of the advice in this thread and added some stuff. More shade, high placed c plate door locks, verified drainage...etc.

The plaster is some variant of a mini pebbletec style.
                            Probably a pebblesheen type surface...Wetedge is real big right now

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                              Looks great! I like the darker plaster, we did the same. Our plaster color is Tahoe Blue.

Tahoe Blue is a Quartz Scapes color. That is my go to plaster because it is reasonably priced and durable.

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                              Probably a pebblesheen type surface...Wetedge is real big right now
                              I don't do much Wetedge. When someone ask for a premium plaster I typically sell them Jewelscapes.

Comment

Just looked through the paperwork and we picked the tropics blue mini pebble.

Is the quartzscape a polished version of the mini pebbles?

They look like the same company produces the mini pebble and quartzscape.

Comment

Working...
                                X