What makes the bible true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes the bible true

Just like the title says, what in the bible makes it true?

You can beat the argument to death, but you're going to get the same answer that you've already been given several times.

Comment

Ask a 4 year old the same question about santa claus and you will get the same results as asking a christian about jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        You can beat the argument to death, but you're going to get the same answer that you've already been given several times.
        More circular reasoning without a shred of evidence? Gotcha.

Comment

Look, there are several stories in the Bible that have scientific results supporting that it could have happened, but there are several "could have been's" for everything. Since recorded history from that time can't prove anything that happened from that time period, your question has no answer.

There is only belief in what the Bible says is true since that is what it was created for in the first place. Then again, there is only belief in what any recordings from that far back says. If youdon't believe in what it says solely on wanting solid proof, then any recordings of events are unbelieveable to you, right?

Comment

...another one of these damned threads.

Faith. Either you have it or you don't, nothing difficult about it.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Maybe if he posts the question and argues against it enough, he'll be confident in his own decision.

Comment

Denny, which stories in the bible have science supporting it?

Edit: For the record, I was at one time a believer but I started to apply logic, and the requirement of proof that things are the way they are. I struggled with it for a few years, spoke with several pastors and members of churches and none of them could justify their position satisfactorily.

Comment

OK, since I'm bored, I'll play your game...

We'll start with the Flood. Almost all of the dry land on earth holds some sort of sedimentary residue. Scientific support, but could also have other explanations (as everything that happened that far back).

Comment

You know the Bible took some 1500 years to write by I think 40 or so arthors. About 400 years before the birth of Christ it was writtin about a anoited one that was to be born. Jesus was born and gave sight to the blind, made the lame walk, cured those who had leprosy, gave the deaf hearing, and raised people from the dead! These miracles and others were done many times in front of thousands of witnesses for three years. Jesus was crucified (a prophecy) and died (a prophecy). Three days later he rose from the dead (another prophecy), after which He was seen by over 500 witnesses. All these prophecys were written about hundreds of years before they happened.

Several examples of many...
                    Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      OK, since I'm bored, I'll play your game...

We'll start with the Flood. Almost all of the dry land on earth holds some sort of sedimentary residue. Scientific support, but could also have other explanations (as everything that happened that far back).
                      Evidence of a flood is not evidence of Noahs flood. What you said was akin to saying the floods that happen in the midwest were caused by god, and is evidence to his existence.

Blacksnake, the new testament was written around 50 a.d.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                        Evidence of a flood is not evidence of Noahs flood. What you said was akin to saying the floods that happen in the midwest were caused by god, and is evidence to his existence
                        See, once again, you either didn't read my post or the post is above your understanding. I gave you scientific evidence that supports the claim of the story AND I said that ANYTHING that is recorded to happen that long ago that has science supporting it also has multiple reasons for everything.

So let's move on to something simpler. According to the timeline of the Bible, Moses would have lived about 3500-4000 years ago, depending on who you ask.

He wrote the first 5 Books of the Bible, which started off with Creation. Now he listed it in a certain order:

The separation of light from darkness (the photon decoupling event)
                        The creation of the earth itself
                        The separation of the dry land from the seas
                        The creation of plants in a particular order – grasses, shrubs and trees
                        The placing of the heavenly bodies in relationship to the earth
                        The creation of animal life in a particular order – fish, birds, land animals
                        The creation of man

Never, in the history of science has the beginning in any other order, although they have different ways it came to be.

Comment

The sun formed before the earth did. With the sun being 4.6 billion years old, and the earth being about 4.5 billion years old. That little fact negates the story of creation as the bible tells it.

Comment

The sun formed before the earth did. With the sun being 4.6 billion years old, and the earth being about 4.5 billion years old. That little fact negates the story of creation as the bible tells it.
                            Once again, did you even read the post? LMAO! Would number beside them help?

1 The separation of light from darkness (the photon decoupling event)
                            2 The creation of the earth itself
                            3 The separation of the dry land from the seas
                            4 The creation of plants in a particular order – grasses, shrubs and trees
                            5 The placing of the heavenly bodies in relationship to the earth
                            6 The creation of animal life in a particular order – fish, birds, land animals
                            7 The creation of man

Comment

Blacksnake, the new testament was written around 50 a.d.
                              Genesis 3:15 (King James Version)
                              15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 22:18
                              Prophesied all nations would be blessed through one special
                              descendant or seed of Abraham.

Genesis 49:10
                              Prophesied Shiloh (the Messiah) would come from Judah. Jesus was a
                              descendant of Judah, one of the twelve sons of Jacob.

Psalm 22
                              16 Dogs surround me,
                              a pack of villains encircles me;
                              they pierce[e] my hands and my feet.
                              17 All my bones are on display;
                              people stare and gloat over me.
                              18 They divide my clothes among them
                              and cast lots for my garment.

Psalm 118 22
                              The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

Isaiah 7:14
                              Isaiah told King Ahaz, and the people of Judah, that God himself
                              would give them a sign or miracle. He then recorded it in Isaiah
                              7:14-16. Isaiah said an "almah," would become pregnant and give
                              birth to a son who would be called Immanuel. "Almah" refers to a
                              virgin, or an unmarried young woman who was expected to be a virgin
                              until after she was married. He also said that both the kings Ahaz
                              feared, would be gone before the baby boy was old enough to chose
                              between right and wrong.

Isaiah 9:6-7
                              Prophesied a child would be born who would be called among other
                              things, Mighty God, and Everlasting Father, that is, Father of
                              Eternity. This also said He would rule forever over David's throne
                              and kingdom.

Isaiah 11:10
                              Prophesied the Gentiles would seek after a descendant of Jesse, who
                              was King David's father. Fulfillment seen in the millions of Gentiles
                              who have turned to Jesus for forgiveness and salvation.

Daniel 9:25-26
                              Prophecied after Jerusalem was rebuilt the Messiah would be cut off.
                              Then Jerusalem and the temple would be destroyed. Jesus was crucified
                              around 33 A.D. and Jerusalem and the temple were destroyed around
                              70 A.D.

Micah 5:2
                              Predicted the Ruler of Israel who has always existed will come forth
                              from Bethlehem Ephrathah. Jesus was born in Bethlehem just where
                              the chief priests and scribes told King Herod the King of the Jews
                              was to be born after consulting this verse. Matthew 2:1-6

Zechariah 9:9
                              Predicted the King of Jerusalem would come to it having salvation
                              riding on a colt the foal of a donkey. Zechariah 9:9 Jesus
                              fulfilled this in Matthew 21:1-11

Zechariah 11:12-13
                              The princely price they set on the LORD would be thirty pieces of
                              silver. The thirty pieces of silver would be thrown in the house
                              of the LORD for the potter. Zechariah 11:12-13 This prophecy was
                              fulfilled in Judas the betrayer of Jesus. Matthew 27:3-10

Malachi 3:1 4:5
                              Malachi 3:1 predicted the Lord would send a messenger to prepare the
                              way before him. In Malachi 4:5 God promised to send Elijah before
                              the arrival of the great day of God. John the Baptist fulfilled
                              these prophecies as he prepared the way for Jesus. Mark 1:1-9
                              Matthew 11:13-14
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X