My LS-Coupe Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My LS-Coupe Turbo Build

Figure I'll start a thread for my turbo build now that I've officially started. Had some time this weekend to get going on it. Had to pull my cam out (changing cams) so that is why the timing/valve covers are off and I have the intake off to tap it for NPT fittings.

Got my driver side pipe and merge pretty much done, still need to add a wastegate to the driver pipe, got most of the down pipe done, started on the passenger side hot pipe. My TIG welding is coming along. I seem to be getting better as I go so hopefully things will just keep going smoother. Here are some pics so far.
    Last edited by dville_gt; 02-11-2013, 10:58 AM.

in
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good Job!

Comment

looks good you going to run the DP out the side?
                  03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                  "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Looks slow! And good

How you going to run the pipe out of the turbo to the intercooler? Just 90 degree it out towards the fender?

Comment

Looks slow!

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished product!! Are you working on it at your father-in law's or at your house?

Comment

Going to run the dp out the side, I pulled the side piece off in the pics cause I was going to trim but ran out of time, I've cleared out all next weekend to play with it so hopefully I'll make some progress. As for the turbo discharge I've been told it won't work making a 90 into the fender dice there won't be room for the ic pipe and the airfilter in the fender, I got the shortest filter from RPS (7pm overall lenth) so hopefully I'll be able to make it work cause the only other option is notching the frame rail and I don't want to have to hack it up that much. Going to order some 1.5" mandrel bends for the wastegates this week since it looks like the placement is going to be tricky on the driver side.

Thanks everyone, it's been a learning experience, already learned a few lessons the hard way (one of which is wear long sleeves when tig welding or you'll end up with a bad ass sunburn and start from the merge and work your way towards the motor (not the other way around). Oh well, it's been a blast so far so no complaints.

Oh and no matter how much you beat them two 2.5" pipes will not fit into a t6 flange without cutting!

Comment

Won't that exhaust be pretty damn loud to run around town with?

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                              Won't that exhaust be pretty damn loud to run around town with?
                              Probably, if it is too bad Vibrant makes a real short 5" muffler that I can install. Not sure if it will make much difference in volume though. I have heard that turbo's muffler the exhaust some what though so hopefully it'll be livable.

Comment

Working...
                              X