No announcement yet.

Headlight Restoration Before/After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They will always refade in a fairly short amount of time....unless you clearcoat them. If you are going to spend the money to have them clearcoated, you might as well buy some aftermarket replacement lights instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
      They will always refade in a fairly short amount of time....unless you clearcoat them. If you are going to spend the money to have them clearcoated, you might as well buy some aftermarket replacement lights instead.
      Yeah, the last time I did it, they yellowed up within a year or so.
      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        How bad was it? I have one light that's starting to fog over, and it pisses me off. On my Foxes, I'd just buy new lights.
        How bad was what? The process or the amount of tarnish?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          100% correct. However, the people who I have done them for did not want some cheap Chinese replacements that will give problems in a year; leak, weatherstripping goes bad etc.
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
            How bad was what? The process or the amount of tarnish?
            The tarnish (for lack of a better term).

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              The tarnish (for lack of a better term).
              Oh they were pretty freakin' yellow, man. Pretty much crystal clear now though. There are a couple of small spots where it looks like I didn't get good enough, but for an 11 year old car, I'm not going to worry about it until it needs to be done again.

Comment

cool deal...

Ive heard the with the kits, only one worth a damn is the 3M.

Comment

I stand by crystal view. Stayed clear a year and a half. Traded it in so not sure how long after that it lasted.

Comment

I used the kit made by Sylvania I didn't take before and after pica but I'm very pleased with the results. They came out better than the 3M kit I had already used and included a UV protectant.

Comment

I wet sand with 1000, 1500, 2000 and then 2500.
                      Follow up with Plast-X on a buffing ball using a drill to remove the haze left behind. Lay a nice coat of Zaino Z-5 down and let it cure to fill in swirls and provides u.v./element damage protection. Looks great for several years. Takes less than an hour and $5 for a multi pack of paper at auto zone.
                      Last edited by greenbeancasserole; 11-03-2012, 03:23 PM.
                      '04 Mach 1

Comment

I roll ghetto style... OFF bug spray and a paper towel. It doesn't make them shine like new money, but it gets rid of the yellow and only takes 5 seconds
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          I roll ghetto style... OFF bug spray and a paper towel. It doesn't make them shine like new money, but it gets rid of the yellow and only takes 5 seconds
                          I've heard that toothpaste works decent enough too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I've heard that toothpaste works decent enough too.
                            Do you douse them in mouthwash when you're finished to give them a fresh feeling?
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I just buy new lights for all my cars!

Comment

Working...
                              X