How to clean tweed seats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean tweed seats.

I saw a thread about this but it didn't really answer much. So what's the best way to get these clean? I have some new carpet coming in and I don't want the seats to be stinking.
    .....bro....

I would suggest posting this on a forum dedicated to the 1990's

Comment

i know this one sensitive guy that cleans with his tears and gets great results!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I've always used some water and carpet cleaner, get it wet and suck it out with a wet/dry vac. Rinse/repeat. Some of the foaming carpet cleaners seem to work the best.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've heard that pulling them out of the car, spraying them with tuff stuff, brushing them with a stiff brush, spraying them off with a pressure washer, and leaving out in the sun to dry works wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I would suggest posting this on a forum dedicated to the 1990's
            i wasnt alive in the 90s
            Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            i know this one sensitive guy that cleans with his tears and gets great results!

god bless.
            results is what i seek! Maybe i can get similar results with my own tears...
            Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I've always used some water and carpet cleaner, get it wet and suck it out with a wet/dry vac. Rinse/repeat. Some of the foaming carpet cleaners seem to work the best.
            i was kinda thinking the same thing...
            Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            I've heard that pulling them out of the car, spraying them with tuff stuff, brushing them with a stiff brush, spraying them off with a pressure washer, and leaving out in the sun to dry works wonders.
            yeah, im probably gonna have to do something like this to get the stink and exhaust smell out of them. Oh well.
            .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
              i wasnt alive in the 90s

results is what i seek! Maybe i can get similar results with my own tears...

i was kinda thinking the same thing...

yeah, im probably gonna have to do something like this to get the stink and exhaust smell out of them. Oh well.
              I didn't know you were 12 years old, holy shit!
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                I didn't know you were 12 years old, holy shit!
                12 and a half! Ill be 13 in Nov.
                .....bro....

Comment

I always do mine the same as my carpets- pull 'em out soak 'em with cleaner of your choice- if you can put 'em up on a stand on their sides and powerwash the crap out of them- let the water run to the sides and not up or down (less distance for the nasty to escape)- leave them in the hot ass Texas sun to dry. They will look like new. I have done one in my hatch right now and it looks like a brand new seat compared to the other one. For all the doubters I have been doing this since the 90's.

Comment

Hot water extractor
                    Detailing by Dylan
                    817-494-3396
                    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      Def the best way to clean any seats &carpet well.
                      One day at a time.

Comment

If you want to get serious grab simple green and tide also.
                        One day at a time.

Comment

black interior FTW!

Comment

Update? Did the tears work?
                            Detailing by Dylan
                            817-494-3396
                            Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                            Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                              Update? Did the tears work?
                              No. Did you know tears stain?! Guess im just gonna have to pull these sumbitch's off and bust out the tide with bleach!
                              .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                              X