Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Bottomed Pool 10 stories up

Yay or Nay???
    Glass-Bottomed Pool Looks Like the Most Nerve-Wracking Way to Live a Life of Luxury

One of the great things about having tons and tons of money (one assumes) is that you never, or rarely ever, have to be uncomfortable. That's why it always seems a little perverse to do Rich People Things like, for example, pilot your own plane, or swim in a glass pool 10 stories off the ground between two luxury apartment buildings in London. Sure, the latter is far less dangerous (in fact, it's probably not at all dangerous) but it still makes our stomach churn to look at it. And then we wonder what the point of acquiring all these millions of British pounds was in the first place. And then we remember that we didn't acquire millions of British pounds and we're not going to get to swim in this terrifying pool even if we wanted to.

So that worked out.

I'd prolly just hang onto the edge.

Comment

A lot can go wrong there, bullet...a lot of things really could cause a major headache with that thing. Pretty cool though.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'd swim it.
        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

So SVO, give us the details on this build....

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            A lot can go wrong there, bullet...a lot of things really could cause a major headache with that thing. Pretty cool though.
            Well, guns arent legal there, so that cant happen...

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              A bullet? Considering the thickness that pool has to be just to support the weight of the water, much less across the expanse, I highly doubt a round or 3 from a handgun would do anymore that create a few blemishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                A bullet? Considering the thickness that pool has to be just to support the weight of the water, much less across the expanse, I highly doubt a round or 3 from a handgun would do anymore that create a few blemishes.
                Yeah, I was trying to post quick...etc Regardless, there is risk there if people wanted to f around. At a minimum cosmetic damage...etc.

RPG would do the trick.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                  I'd prolly just hang onto the edge.
                  You swim?!

Comment

I would swim laps non stop in that thing! I have a bad history of tempting fate. I do believe I'd get in pretty good shape with something like that in my life! LOL
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      I would swim laps non stop in that thing! I have a bad history of tempting fate. I do believe I'd get in pretty good shape with something like that in my life! LOL
                      round is a shape.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

but not a pretty good one
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Awesome. Read somewhere that it's 2m thick acrylic to sustain the pool weight. Sounds expensive if that's right

Comment

Im suprised it doesnt have anything to strengthen it like a bridge or something

Comment

It's transparent Aluminium.

Comment

Working...
                              X