get off your butt and build something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blake View Post
    if you tint those windows i'll egg your house.
    who you talking to?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      who you talking to?
      I'd just assume he was talking to you and I wouldn't fuck around and tint my windows. Egg is hard as shit to clean up in the summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
        The Rivis to me have always had similar lines to the Impala/ Caprice so if it were mine I'd go traditional low rider with it...
        This is EXACTLY what I would do with the car, its a cruiser, not a hot rod imo.

Comment

• I can do the same thing with my M code fastback and my gut. ha

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          this picture really shows how long its been since the last time I worked on the car. bottom picture was taken when I pulled the car out to swap the motor last time. Top pic was taken last weekend when I finally got it running. Same kid! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            I'd just assume he was talking to you and I wouldn't fuck around and tint my windows. Egg is hard as shit to clean up in the summer.
            haha, the windows where tinted back before the Challenger blew up. Going to be hell getting the tint off but it's on my list to do. The car lives in the garage, there's no need for tint.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
              I'll start with the 96 Chevy that hasn't been driven in almost a year, due to one bolt that wasn't installed correctly.

Whomever put the engine together either didn't use a new crank pulley bolt, didn't torque all the way or a combination of both. The bolt began to back out while driving, galled the threads and basically became stuck. i let it sit for two long thinking the bolt was permanently stuck, and would shear off when trying to remove. Two nights ago i borrowed a tool from homealone to hold the flywheel and with help, the bolt is out. Hopefully the crankshaft isn't damaged beyond easy repair, and all that is needed is a new bolt, pulley and a few other odds and ends.

I'll post up the progress of my Cougar later, I've had all the photobucket i can handle for a while.

[IMG][/IMG]
              This truck is now fixed. I was able to clean up the threads on the end of the crankshaft, then properly press on the new pulley and used a new ARP bolt. It needs a good cleaning, ditch the goofy tail lights, and I would like some kind of bed cover but options are limited for stepside beds.

Comment

• I dig it.

Comment

• I got my WB O2 sensor replaced finally on the Fox, now it just needs inspection and registration and a bath.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• No pics, but a buddy and I welded in a frame brace in the malibu tonight in preparation to notch the frame for a fatter tire (275-295 is max stock). I've had this car since 2003ish and I should have done this years ago. As soon as the car is on the ground a 6.0 and TKO are going in.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
                      I can do the same thing with my M code fastback and my gut. ha
                      Whats the status of this project, running and driving yet?

Comment

• Most recent “before” and “current” picture of the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                          Whats the status of this project, running and driving yet?
                          Squires man, squires. I keep getting side tracked with other projects.

Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
                            Squires man, squires. I keep getting side tracked with other projects.
                            Thats a shame, such a great car!

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin[/quote

Most recent “before” and “current” picture of the build
                              Dang man, the only good parts on that car was the tail light trim and you aren’t even using it. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                                Thats a shame, such a great car!
                                Yeah, I know. But I try to justify it with pre-war truck builds, wagons, first gen camaros, another 69 fastback, and lately, those pesky helicopters.

Comment

Working...
                                X