Rangers 2011 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers 2011 season thread

Well it is spring training and it is time to start looking at what we got.

I see Beltre is going to be out 10-14 days with a calf-strain.

I wonder how the rotation is going to shape up. I don't believe we have a real number one right now, but we made it a long ways last year without one too.

I think we have a good shot at winning the division again. The Athletics are still weak on offense and the Mariners are still the Mariners. The Angels are getting older and I don't see them being as good as they once were.

GO RANGERS!!!

Has anyone gone out to look at tickets? Are they not available to the general public right now?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Has anyone gone out to look at tickets? Are they not available to the general public right now?
      If you're talking about opening day tickets, I heard they aren't being sold to the public.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

They held a lottery for season opener tickets, 121k entrants and it's already over. You'll need to buy a 20 game package to get in now. Single game tickets are not for sale yet and there will no opening day ones for the general public outside of the lottery.

I think they'll be lights out all season. CJ was sick and shut down the side, Webb is throwing good, Holland looks better, Lewis has lost some weight, still has dominating stuff and Hunter is just Hunter. They still have Dave Bush, Sheppers, Kirkman, Feliz, Harrison and Hurley competing for the rotation as well. Any of them could boot out Holland or Hunter, or make for awesome long relievers.

Even without Lee I think we still have the most depth at pitching in the league and with CJ, Lewis and a healthy Webb we have 3 guys that'd be aces on most of the other teams.

Then you have Elvis still, the best defensive SS there iswith a better than average bat. Beltre, one of the best 3rd basemen all around, Kinsler still (with Young as a backup when he gets hurt again), Hambone obviously, Cruz and Torrealba. The only real questions are still first base and center. Moreland was great at the end of last year but Davis is going to get another shot regardless. Borbon is one of the fastest guys in baseball but his defensive was terrible last season, he's gotten better in the off season though and offensively can hold his own. We also still have Murphy, Treanor and I'm sure there will be some other players that make the team this year.

I like our chances for a repeat!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          They held a lottery for season opener tickets, 121k entrants and it's already over. You'll need to buy a 20 game package to get in now. Single game tickets are not for sale yet and there will no opening day ones for the general public outside of the lottery.
          Supposedly you can get a 10 game package, and still get seats for opening day. I've got a call in right now, I'll post up when I hear back.

Comment

I was referring to tickets in general. I went to the Rangers site, and yea you can get 10 game packages. But I am just looking for single game stuff. That is just too far a drive to get 10 games worth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Supposedly you can get a 10 game package, and still get seats for opening day. I've got a call in right now, I'll post up when I hear back.
              Negative, the opening day package has been sold out for 2+ weeks. According to their website and press releases at least. 20 game packages only! Still cheap though and you can trade in the games you don't want.

Now they haven't said anything about standing room tickets, those might open up closer to game time. I've never seen them offered for the opener but I stood through the Yankees playoff series and it was decent.

Comment

Opening day is 11 days away. Anyone else jonesing for the regular season to start?
                Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                  Opening day is 11 days away. Anyone else jonesing for the regular season to start?
                  After seeing this rotation and their ERA, not really...

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                    I am still optimistic.

The pitchers are always behind the batters at this time of year.

Comment

I am still optimistic.

The pitchers are always behind the batters at this time of year.
                      That's a cliche that every team with a questionable rotation uses every season. I'm hoping that last season wasn't just a "perfect storm" for the Ranger's, but I'm leaning that direction.

Comment

That's a cliche that every team with a questionable rotation uses every season. I'm hoping that last season wasn't just a "perfect storm" for the Ranger's, but I'm leaning that direction.
                        Get outta here Negative Nancy! You getting more bitter in your old age?

Comment

Maybe it is a cliche.

The track record for notoriously bottom rung teams going to the world series and then doing well the next year is not very good in the recent past.

Comment

Their starting pitching was unproven and horrible coming out of spring training last year, too, and they won the AL West without (or in spite of!) that dbag Cliff Lee.
                            Maybe it is a cliche.

The track record...
                            Speaking of overused clichés!
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Just keep in mind that our #1 and 2 starters last year were Feldman and Harden coming out of spring training. Before last year we had Milwood and Padilla and look where that got us.

I think we'll be okay on the mound this year. My worries are about Torrealba's arm and Cruz's bat.

Comment

Working...
                              X