No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart stops selling handgun ammunition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap oil, that's all they're good to me for. In the service center door, out in 5-10 minutes.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

That actually kind of sucks.. out here we don't have a ton of options for buying ammo in store.

Comment

This is actually a huge deal. As more big box stores get out of the game, prices will increase. This is the first step in ammo becoming a major expense.

Comment

I will have to be in a real bind to set foot in one again. And I will wear my NRA hat the entire time

Comment

They are also saying nobody but law enforcement can carry in their stores and they will be putting up signage. Yeah because that's going to stop a criminal from doing what they want. If they really wanted a safer place for their employees and customers they would have 24 hour armed security or hire out the local PD's. I hit up a mom and pop shop this morning but damn every question I asked they said no.
            Do y'all do hunting and fishing license here? No.
            Do y'all do LTC classes here? No
            Do y'all do gunsmithing here? No
            Do y'all have any shooting sleds? No
            Do y'all have any shooting bags? No
            Do y'all have any limb savers? No
            Do yall he cut me off and said if it's not on the wall behind me we don't have it. So all y'all have is 10 guns and a few knives? He just walked off.
            "Well fuck you too half dead mother fucker!”
            Last edited by krazy kris; 09-04-2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

It's a minor annoyance given they usually have the best price on the ammo they sell when I want to go to the range...so much for convenience...I went by one in Irving today and picked up some range ammo and a couple boxes of JHP defense ammo for a couple of my handguns today....might go over the next few days and pick up some .223/556 before they run out..but we still have the internet, Cabelas (while it lasts), Academy and a few other places. Walmart has been going downhill drastically since Sam Walton is no longer running the show...and I imagine it will continue until one day it goes the route of Kmart and other retailers. I think they believe this won't affect them much...but I have a feeling it's going to affect them more in the long run than they believe. Fuck Walmart.

Comment

This will have a huge effect in small towns where walmart is the only buisness and has bankrupt most of the small cottage industries like gun shops who couldn't compete with the bulk buy power.

Fight the monopoly!

On another note this will probably mean ammo prices will go up

Comment

I am actually working right now out in El Paso and wrote an estimate for the shot up Walmarts door greeter and the cop that arrested the guy. This town is pretty shook up over it. Everyone is pissed on Walmarts actions.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    It's a minor annoyance given they usually have the best price on the ammo they sell when I want to go to the range...so much for convenience...I went by one in Irving today and picked up some range ammo and a couple boxes of JHP defense ammo for a couple of my handguns today....might go over the next few days and pick up some .223/556 before they run out..but we still have the internet, Cabelas (while it lasts), Academy and a few other places. Walmart has been going downhill drastically since Sam Walton is no longer running the show...and I imagine it will continue until one day it goes the route of Kmart and other retailers. I think they believe this won't affect them much...but I have a feeling it's going to affect them more in the long run than they believe. Fuck Walmart.
                    Ammo sales in general are very very low margin. I bet this doesn't even dent their overall sales profit. They could sell a few more grocery items and easily overtake any lost ammo sales they will have.

Comment

Funny, I don't see Walmart saying that they are going to stop selling gasoline or auto parts to prevent car crashes, alcohol to prevent DWIs, tobacco to stop underage smoking and lung cancer, or opioids so people stop dropping dead from overdoses.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                        Ammo sales in general are very very low margin. I bet this doesn't even dent their overall sales profit. They could sell a few more grocery items and easily overtake any lost ammo sales they will have.
                        I don't expect Walmart to lose any sleep over revenue lost on ammo sales...however I think the customer base they are alienating could cause them a little loss in revenue. I for one generally avoid Walmart unless I have no choice...but after this I may just avoid Walmart period...too many other stores to shop at.

Comment

This is all to keep the liberal anti gun people at bay. If Walmart was really against it all they would just take the stuff off the shelf right now. I talked to the guy that works the sporting goods department at my local Walmart and he had a phone conference with the people of Walmart and told them I really hope y'all know what y'all are doing because y'all just pissed off a lot of customers. He also said that they still have another shipment of ammo coming before they stop selling all the handgun ammo and "short" barrel ammo. He even had a calendar up that was blacked out for Tuesday he called it black Tuesday lol.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                            Funny, I don't see Walmart saying that they are going to stop selling gasoline or auto parts to prevent car crashes, alcohol to prevent DWIs, tobacco to stop underage smoking and lung cancer, or opioids so people stop dropping dead from overdoses.
                            No because it doesn’t fit the agenda. It’s not about protecting people.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                              Well crap...so much for grabbing decently priced ammo at a local store. Guess I'll now have to revert to more bulk purchases. All my other local stores doesn't make sense to buy off the shelf compared to online, but Walmart did.
                              I used to buy ammo at Walmart, a box or two here and there. Stopped doing that a few years back and buying bulk. I think the last time I bought ammo there was a couple of years back when I saw they had .22 LR. I won't do that again.

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                              Cheap oil, that's all they're good to me for. In the service center door, out in 5-10 minutes.
                              About the only thing I go to Walmart for now except for the occasional time I'm out of town camping and it's the most convenient place to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                                I used to buy ammo at Walmart, a box or two here and there.
                                SG Ammo or GA Arms are my one stop shops.

Comment

Working...
                                X