Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    The fact that she killed an innocent man in his own home probably hurt her the most.
    That didn't help either...

Comment

• "She said before she even went inside [the apartment], she made up her mind outside the door that she was going to kill the threat," said Juror 34.
      This reaffirms to me that women and out of shape police officers are the most dangerous to deal with. Seems their threshold of assessing a threat is much different than someone who is either in shape, or in shape and has some sort hands on defense training.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        This reaffirms to me that women and out of shape police officers are the most dangerous to deal with. Seems their threshold of assessing a threat is much different than someone who is either in shape, or in shape and has some sort hands on defense training.
        That's confirmation bias right there. Clearly you've never seen the video from this case:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          That's confirmation bias right there.
          You can't judge every scenario police come into contact by that one case. I am saying as a whole. Not for specific scenarios like when a call goes out for a possible shooter. The officer in this case had made up her mind to kill before even knowing what was going on. To me that decision was made completely based on fear. Especially the way she described it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            That's confirmation bias right there. Clearly you've never seen the video from this case:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoo..._Daniel_Shaver
            Well you know what they say. Islam is right about women.
            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              In general I believe that police officers need to be men of pretty substantial size and in good shape with a bunch hand to hand fighting training. An officer from my dad's era of police work would not have gone in guns blazing, they would have just gone in and delightfully whooped the dude's ass if they found someone in their home. A 130 lb woman doesn't really have that option on the table. When it comes to policing I think the Germans have it done right. Even the women Polize are typically larger then the average man and are lean and hard. I once saw a female Polize officer who was about 6' and I'd guess about 185lbs beat the absolute living shit out of three guys without much effort and she wasn't even breathing hard when she was finished. The male Poliize officers typically are much larger and much meaner. Officers over there will kick the shit out of you and not a single person will question them for doing so.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                In general I believe that police officers need to be men of pretty substantial size and in good shape with a bunch hand to hand fighting training. An officer from my dad's era of police work would not have gone in guns blazing, they would have just gone in and delightfully whooped the dude's ass if they found someone in their home. A 130 lb woman doesn't really have that option on the table. When it comes to policing I think the Germans have it done right. Even the women Polize are typically larger then the average man and are lean and hard. I once saw a female Polize officer who was about 6' and I'd guess about 185lbs beat the absolute living shit out of three guys without much effort and she wasn't even breathing hard when she was finished. The male Poliize officers typically are much larger and much meaner. Officers over there will kick the shit out of you and not a single person will question them for doing so.
                Touché. I think this is the most logical thing I’ve heard from you.

Comment

• Agreed. From Tom DeBlass:

Law enforcement that doesn't train, or even trains once a month are lying to themselves. Yes you have a gun, you have tazers, but hand to hand combat over 90% cannot last 60 seconds against a decent high school wrestler.

I'm not talking shit, this is literally my observations of running my own Academy for 13 years.

I even had a cop 280 lbs of pure muscle train until he got 2 stripes on his white belt. The first day he trained live was the last day he trained. Getting man handeled by a 160 kid with glasses was too much.

However, if you aren't trained what do you expect? Put on the white belt and learn, no one is looking down upon you. In fact we are impressed when you train.

Comment

• Off on a little bit of a tangent here:

The Obama era War on Cops continues to this day... particularly in Dallas County where the officers in the trenches have zero support from their own department, the City management, or the County...

as a DPD officer, you have to rely on your peers in the department for support, otherwise you're on you own.

From outward appearances, nobody in the upper level positions seems to give a crap about anything other than what the weekly BLM protests are blasting the airwaves with at the moment.

mardyn

Comment

• Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                      Off on a little bit of a tangent here:

The Obama era War on Cops continues to this day... particularly in Dallas County where the officers in the trenches have zero support from their own department, the City management, or the County...

as a DPD officer, you have to rely on your peers in the department for support, otherwise you're on you own.

From outward appearances, nobody in the upper level positions seems to give a crap about anything other than what the weekly BLM protests are blasting the airwaves with at the moment.

mardyn
                      Are you saying she should have been innocent?

Or just jumping on a thread loosely related to your whining?

Comment

• And theeeeeeeen...

Botham Jean's neighbor, a key witness in Amber Guyger trial, shot to death in Dallas.

Joshua Brown died at the hospital after Friday night's shooting in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road.

A key witness in Amber Guyger's murder trial was shot and killed Friday evening at an apartment complex near Dallas' Medical District, authorities said.

Joshua Brown, a neighbor of Botham Jean's and Guyger at the South Side Flats apartments, was slain about 10:30 p.m. in the 4600 block of Cedar Springs Road.

Brown, 28, lived across the hall from Jean and testified about the night he was killed.

Dallas County prosecutor Jason Hermus, the lead prosecutor in the Guyger case, said Saturday that Brown stood up at a time when others won't say what they know.

"He bravely came forward to testify when others wouldn't, " Hermus said. "If we had more people like him, we would have a better world."

On Friday night, several witnesses flagged down police and directed them to Brown's location. Police found him on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds.

He was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where he died from his injuries.

Witnesses told police they heard several gunshots and saw a silver four-door sedan speeding out of the parking lot.

No suspect description had been released.

Comment

• Holy shit
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Snitches end up in ditches!
                            sigpic

Comment

• You cayn't slip.

Comment

• For some reason I'm thinking of the Beaumont character that was Samuel Jackson's partner in the movie Jackie Brown.

In all likelihood this guy got caught with some dope and the police used that to get his testimony out of him. Whoever he sold dope for wasn't real happy about him taking the stand.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X