Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much are these bikes worth and are they any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are these bikes worth and are they any good?

A guy from cl wants to trade 2 bikes for my toolbox. I dont know much about bikes so Im not sure how much they're worth. Apparently both of them need work.
    " trek VRX full suspension. very well equipped. dt hugi hub wheels, shimano xt gear, thompson seat post, teflon lined shifter cables, hayes hydraulic disc brakes. has been sittin a while. needs the rear wheel trued back up or a new rim laced on. pretty out of whack. and i think the front or rear brake has seized up. needs rebuilding and bleeding.
    trek bruiser 2. 9 speed. only single speed on the front ring. very tough bike. heavy duty all around... frame and rims. hayes disc brakes. also needing attention. i think just the rear.... "
    Thanks

sounds like a bunch of trash. You need to figure out what you want before you get taken to the cleaners.

Comment

What kind of tool box?

Comment

I stopped reading at Trek.

Comment

I went and rode a new specialized rockhopper comp 29'r and a Trek mamba 29'r. After riding both of those and looking at a road bike Im going to get a mountain bike. It felt like I was better balanced on the trek and it shifted smoother. I didnt adjust either one other than the seat height.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
            What kind of tool box?
            Snap-On krl1022. I havent had any cash offers on it yet. A guy wanted to trade an old Ford truck that needed work and a guy offered me those 2 bikes. Probably gonna stick it on ebay tonight.

Comment

I ride all types and Trek makes some decent bikes for the money. I added this one last year and love it.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
              X